𝟚𝟠

It's the most wonderful time of the year.

December, the month of lights, snow and feasts; time to make amends and tie loose ends; finish off what you started and hope your wishes come true.

Wintry mornings wrapped in white. Evenings, calm and still. Snowflakes dancing all around, slowly pressing heaven' kisses onto my face and hair. Sled rides down the hill, gatherings with loved ones – such a pleasure to remember.

Color me winter; the smell of knitted quilts and gray sky. Under these 9-5 busy bones, we are still red-cheeked children with snow-scattered eyelashes. our eyes still sparkle with every bright light. We are not too old for dreaming.

I wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields, that it kisses them so gently? And perhaps it says, "Go to sleep, darlings, till the summer comes again."

~ Two days before the trip ~

~ 22th December ~

.

"You literally did nothing!" Soomi was yelling at me ever since she came to my place followed by seven boys, which was 2 hours ago. "I gave you lists of everything you needed to do, and you did absolutely nothing!"

"Soomi, it's a small trip," I wanted to calm her down. "We're staying 10 days, not 50. I don't need this much stuff." she kept pressing though. She wanted me to bring my whole closet, like she plans to do.

"You are a lost cause on this planet." she huffed, lifting her hands in the air and walking away.

"Why are you all here again?" irritated by her annoying ass, I asked them. "Y'all keep barging into this apartment almost every day." they looked at each other, some of them shrugging and ignoring me.

Before I could've said anything else, the front door of the apartment gave a small *bip click bip* sounds, alarming us that someone entered. Keeping the eye contact with Soomi, I froze in place, knowing there's no one else coming.

"Who the fuck has a 10 digit password on their lock!?" a voice spoke, as the footsteps could've been heard.

"I almost shit myself, thinking I wouldn't be able to enter." a certain black haired boy showing up on the doorway of the living room.

"San?" I called out, letting out a sigh of relief seeing it was just his annoying ass. "Babe." he responded.

"Where did you come from?" I asked, not really recalling a scene where I gave him the password. "Out of Kinder Surprise." he joked.

"You should ring the bell next time." I said. "Well if you want my opinion-" he started. "I don't, I have my own." I said, his attention being caught by everyone else.

"Oyy, the stars of the academy are all gathered in one place. What a pleasure to see y'all." he greeted them.

They all hang out with San and his friends sometimes so it's not a surprise that they know each other.

"Who the heck called you here?" Soomi asked him. "No one, but my boo is here, so I'm here too." he said, pulling me into a side hug and gently ruffling my hair.

They however said nothing, but just looked at us like they saw something shocking. "What, are you jealous? Cause you should be."

"Please, you're not that great for them to be jealous of you." I spat. "Well, I'm a great flirt," he said. "It's my greatest strength."

I nodded, adding a small sarcastic 'mhm' to it. "And what's your greatest weakness?" I asked, looking at him.

"Those eyes of yours." he plastered a small smirk on his face. I swear, if I was able to, I would've punched him. "Please leave." I said, disappointed but definitely not surprised.

I nudged him with my shoulder, so he could let me go, and failed of course. "How do you know this freak?" Changbin asked, pointing at San.

"San is Y/n' friend from a long time ago." Felix explained, while I still tried to free myself.

"San, I swear, if I suffocate because of you, I'm going to spend the rest of our afterlife reminding you that this was all your fault, the moment you die." I threatened him.

"That's cool," he shrugged. "I wouldn't mind having company while being a ghost. Especially yours."

"Do you actually have a death wish?" I snapped at him, stomping on his foot as he still didn't want to let me go. "Yah!" he winced in pain, stepping away from me, as I took a pillow to hit him.

"Well next ti-" I was on my way to attack him, when someone ringed the door bell, once, twice and then for the third time.

"Are we expecting someone else?" I asked, addressing to all of them but they just shook their heads.

"Then who in the world?" I mumbled, walking towards the door, and opening it, the pillow colliding with the floor the moment my eyes scanned over the persons standing in front of the door.

"Hello darling," my mother said.