[ Chapter 10 : USB ]

*play song*

Y/n's pov.

" It's not going to give him a scar? " I asked as Katelyn bandage Laurence's hand.

" No " she said, I groan.

" That's annoying " I said then toss him a water bottle as he catches it with his other hand.

" Well thank you for worrying " he said, I smile sarcastically while he open the water.

" I'm gonna go check on the ship to see if there's any tracker attached on it so they won't find our base " she said then walk away to the shuttle that is across this hangar.

" So how did you manage to steal it instead of deactivating and destroying the blueprint? " I turn back around to Laurence and he close the bottle putting it to the side.

" We changed the plan last minute because Calvin was surrounded, so he turned on the power, shoot their Solvereign ass and we got out of there being chased for thirty minutes, my ship was blasted and we lost them through the woods and we're here " he smiles.

" I like the sassiness " I grab the lollipop in the bowl on the table he's sitting on.

He looks at me with a raise brow.

" Keep it up " I unwrap the plastic then place it in my mouth.

" You are the weirdest person I have ever met in my entire life " he said.

" You'll see more of it, if you keep me " I take out the lollipop and hold it.

" I don't know if 'keep' is the right word for it " he said.

" Then. . . .own me? " I asked.

" Less okay "

" Alright, call it whatever you want, I'm fine with either " I said then put the candy back in my mouth.

I sit down on the chair next to his table and lean back looking at the ships being repaired by the others.

" It was a pretty cool landing, looks fun " I said.

" It was fun and if you were in there you'll feel awesome " he said.

" That just makes me want to steal one of your ships and crash it " I said, he then takes a candy in the bowl.

" Y/n " I turn my head and see Calvin approaching me.

" What? " I asked.

" We need to talk to you " he said and I stand up.

I approach him and we walk away from the scene heading towards the entrance.

" What is it? " I asked in a quiet tone.

" I disabled the rockets and checked the wires, it was made in the same design. . . .as yours " he said quietly, I look up at him.

" Are you sure? " I asked, he nodded then I felt his hand slide something to my hand and I curl my fingers around them, recognizing the object.

" It wasn't a complete build, but if they do complete it. . . .we're doomed " he said.

" Does Claude know? " I asked.

" Not yet " he said.

" There's no 'yet', we're not telling him " I said.

" Are you sure we should hide this from him?, It would be awful if he finds out himself " he said.

" Then we make sure he doesn't find out " I said.

" This is wrong " he said.

" Are you on my side or not? " I asked, we both stand here by the entrance and he looks down at me with a worry expression.