[ Chapter 42 : Guacamole & Chips ]

*play song*

Y/n's pov.   

" I was kidding, she's being overdramatic " I smile as I stand here looking at three of the parents sitting down on the chairs.

Gina has Alana asleep in her arms while Ash holds Claire who's crying on his shoulder and Ethan with his arms folded across his chest.

All of their legs cross over the other as Claire screams louder.

" Your babysitting her " Ash gets up.

" Whoa!, Whoa!, Whoa! " I step back with a laugh.

" I have a prosthetic leg and it's very icy out there, I could slip and crack her head open plus you wouldn't want me to hold her right?, I mean I haven't really gotten the hang of this thing " I gesture to my right leg.

He stands there holding Claire and I gulped.

" Good luck~ " Nicki walks pass me in a chirpy tone.

" Claire look, tía Y/n wants to make guacamole and chips for you, do you want to help her? " Ash wipes her face and she hiccups looking at me.

" I'm not a cook " I look at Ash.

" Rweally? " She sniffles and I stammer to say anything.

" Yes, and she promises to make it extra spicy "

" Ash– " I shut my own mouth when Claire reaches for me and I sigh grabbing her and have her beside my hip.

" She likes a lot of pepper " Ethan smiles as he lean back on his chair.

" Kid can handle spices than you think " Gina said.

" Wouldn't that give her a sore throat? " I asked.

" I lwike sthpicy " Claire sniffle and lean her head on my shoulder.

" Don't get snot on my jacket please " I said.

" She won't " Ash said then sit back down on his chair.

" Alright, go on, make her some guac " he smiles with a sassy finger gesture, putting his leg over the other again.

" You three are like siblings " I said.

" Oh, I wonder who that reminds me off " Ryder walks pass me.

" For your information I understand sarcasm, Ryder " I said, he just shrugs and approach a parked jetling.

" Can I have one bag of chwips for mysewf? " Claire asked.

" Sure, I don't like sharing anyways "

~ Time Skip ~

" Aguacate " Claire holds the avocado and bring it up to me.

I look at her with a raised brow.

" It means avocwado " she said and I made an 'O' with my lips in understanding what she meant.

I tilt my head to the side for a split second before taking the avocado from her hand and cut it open, I take out the seed by pushing it out from the outside carefully so I won't cut myself with a knife.

" Don't throw it! " Claire said and my hand holding the seed hovers over the trashcan.

" You can't eat this " I said, she reaches for it and I pass it to her.

" Daddy said we can keep them and when the snow melts, we plant them " she said.

" What else does your daddy taught you? " I asked.

" Abuelita is a puta " she said as she starts gathering the avocado seeds in a bowl.

" Huh. . .I don't know what that means but okay, sounds badass " I said and starts making the guacamole.