[ Chapter 28 : Kids ]

*play song*

Y/n's pov.  

I hold the box as we walk down this snowy path and the coldness trying to reach our skin, Laurence has his hands in his pockets since he doesn't have a pair of gloves on and I don't either, carrying this box of heat packs does want to make me open it and get one out.

" I know you tried to cheer me up just now, I'll admit, I was being a baby about it but I do appreciate it " I said, he chuckles.

" I don't just leave people upset when I was at fault, I gotta have to make it up at some point " he said, I look up at him and smile, he gives me a warm smile back and my cheeks where warming up my face.

We look away from each other as we continue to walk.

" Do they always make fun of you? " He asked.

" What do you mean? " I asked.

" Back as a Solvereign, do they make fun of you all of the time?, The height and other things? " He asked, I just nodded.

" Even as triplets people say they always treat each other the same. . . .not me I suppose, just because I'm shorter than my brothers even though I'm the eldest, they find me small and tiny and well shortie " I said.

" But then again, I don't blame them, my brothers feel the same as me " I said.

" That's a little wholesome " he said, I chuckle.

" We're basically our own little family before you guys took us in " I glance up at him once more before we arrive at the hangar.

I notice the snow here is all over the place and Xelora's snowman is perfected though a few of the carrot noses has bitten off.

" We got you guys some heat packs to warm up " I approach the table and put it down.

I open the box as Beatrix rush here first and away from the furnace which is lit.

" Gimme!, Gimme!, Gimme!, My hands are freezing! " She said.

I pass her one and after passing to everyone, I take one for myself then shake the packet. It starts to warm up and I hold it in between my palms.

" Oh~, they're really warm " Kawaii-chan said before placing it in her sleeve.

" I thought hybrids stays warm all the time " Laurence said and I pass him one heat pack.

" Only in our animal form " Xelora said.

" Finnegan do not eat it! " I see Amber taking the pack out of Finn's mouth coated in his saliva as he pout.

" It's warm " he said.

" Still not edible " she said as she has Charlie in her arms who is sound asleep already.

" There's plenty of hot cocoa for everyone " Claude smiles as he put down another tray of mugs.

" Ugh, it's only been a few days and I feel like an icicle " Ryder grabs a mug.

" Did you know you could get killed by an icicle? " We all look at Vylad as he enter in his warm clothes.

" What?, I saw it once, went down on a person's back like a skewer " He said then grab a mug of cocoa from the tray.

" Where did that even come from? " I asked.

" I said I saw it once, we didn't have to take out the ice, we just let it melt then we bury him. . . .tragic man on a tragic weather " he sips his cocoa while leaning back on a chair in relaxation and we all just get back to what we're doing.