[ Chapter 2 : Venka King ]

*play song*

Y/n's pov.  

" Oh! " I make a wince expression when the guy turn that girl's ankle.

" Kawaii-chan don't like that! " I look down at the cat who's under the cushion.

" Six rounds in a row for Ronin " I look back out on the window and up at the screen on the wall to see it has already been ten rounds since the last hour of the tournament.

I remember when they announced there's 25 contestant and this is the 24th round, this specific contestant has been doing well for the past six rounds ever since he stepped in the arena, he goes by Ronin, I watch as the girl gets dragged out by the medics.

" And the last opponent of the night for our new warrior! " The music in the arena was tensing up as the crowd goes silent and I stand up from the couch and stretch.

" He has won the previous tournament and here he is to win again!, But who knows, we shall let the duel decide that "

" Wow, so cool " I sarcastically said and stand here as I cross my arms.

" Here he is!, Venka King! "

I look over at the other door to the right where there's visible gas coming out of the door as I see a man with light blue eyes and light brown hair walking out. The armor he's wearing is the same as mine I always wear, though his right shoulder has some kind of symbol spray painted in a light blue colour, looks like a bird.

His weapon is right on his back which is a blade and on the other end is another blade, both curved on the opposite way, Ronin's weapon is a polearm currently spinning slowly around his hand.

" Last tournament's champion? " I asked.

" It was right before the emergency a month ago " Kc said, I hum and nodded.

" What happened to the Lioness champion? " I asked.

" She broke a rib and still in recovering " I nodded and just stand here keeping watch.

" Let's see how good he is " I said.

Ronin charges first and Venka simply steps aside, Ronin swings his polearm and Venka ducks, swinging his sword but Ronin immediately flips backwards as the blade barely misses his armor. Venka was about to swing back his blade at Ronin but he stopped his arm then elbow Venka's face only to have Venka do the same to Ronin's hand. Ronin made Venka drop his weapon with a pressure point on the wrist and Venka flinches, Ronin took the chance to pull him them slide his leg behind Venka's and he falls.

Ronin strike down his polearm down but Venka grabs the metal staff part and raise his fist only to leave Ronin confused, Venka suddenly lower his hand bending his fist and a blast wave hits Ronin in the face. I lower my arms and squinted my eyes.

" That was. . . . " I mutter.

Where did I see that from?

I watch back as Venka get up and Ronin seems to me knocked out unconscious.

" Ten seconds up! " The speaker announce.

" Such a good performance! A quick match but outstanding moves!, Then again the winner is Venka King! " The crowd cheers and Venka raise his weapon up in the air as a victory.

He then looks up here as our eyes meet directly, I smile then turn around to Kc who is licking her paw and cleaning the back of her ear, she stopped licking midway and look up at me.

" Privacy please? " She asked.

" Your a cat " I said.

" Nya~ " she looks away with her chin up.