[ Chapter 45 : The Problem ]

*play song*

Y/n's pov.  

" You were in pain the entire day " Fleur said and Amber pass me a juice box.

" Thanks. . . .meaning? " I asked and drink the juice from the straw as I sit on this bad.

" Meaning you were neglecting the phantom limb, instead of doing your usual therapy, your brain sent a signal for you to rest which you also ignored and that is what cause you to have difficulty breathing, that's why you fainted " she said.

I look down at the prosthetic she took off and I have the blanket covering me, I just hum in response.

" Pain in a limb I don't have made me faint, how logic " I said.

" You also have an empty stomach, I take you didn't eat anything at all since this morning, I want you to eat whether you like it or not " she said.

" First day here and your bossing me around already? " I asked.

" I am being bossy " she smiles.

" You had us worried Y/n, don't joke about it " mom said.

I look at my mom who's standing there with Laurence.

" Says the one who cut it off " I said.

Amber just awkwardly leave the room and Fleur sighs.

" You take your time to adjust, and you are not to leave this room after you fill up your stomach " she leaves the room and mom steps forward as I look away.

" There's still some macarons left if you want " mom said and I hear the door slide open and close.

I finish the juice box and squeeze it.

" You actually had me worried " I hear Laurence said.

" I know, I'm a dick to my parents but who knows! " I turn to him.

" Who knows what? " He sit down on the bed next to me.

" Who knows it's their manipulative way to have us trust them, and when we trust them enough, they go take advantage and sell us all to the Solvereign for their on benefit " I said, he blinks.

" You need to work on your trust issues " he said.

" I don't have trust issues " I said, he raise a brow.

" Okay maybe a little " I said, he just looks at me with no expression.

" Okay maybe a lot! " I then groan and lean my head back on my pillow.

" Come on, their just macarons, eat something " I didn't realize there was a tray on the table with a plate of macarons which are my favorite flavors and a jug of water.

He hold the one piece and bring it near my lips.

" Don't think I didn't notice how you weren't eating much " he said.

" Then why didn't you-hmph! " He shoves the macaron in my mouth.

I was about to spit it out when the flavor sink in my tongue and I chew, I cover my mouth with my fingers as I glare at him.

" You know you love it " he said, I exhale through my nose and look away with my mouth full.

" Munch " he tap under my chin and take one for himself.

I cross my arms and munch on the good flavor, I sigh again after finishing it, I see him enjoying another piece and he looked up at me, I look away immediately then bring up my legs, hugging them, I then hear him chuckle.