[ Chapter 68 : Pink Card ]

*play song*

Y/n's pov.  

" What are you giving him? " I asked as I approach Mariko who's by her brother's bedside.

Natalie's hanging a drip bag which is in a different colour than clear water, the color is in yellow.

" It's a new drug, named it yellow 'X' for now, but they think it'll wake him up from the coma " Natalie said.

" It will work, right? " Mariko asked.

" Hopefully " Natalie said then pick up the tablet before walking away.

" Why are you here?, Shouldn't you be going to your mom? " Mariko asked, I snicker.

" Like hell I would " I fold my arms across my chest.

" Then why are you here? " She asked.

" I. . .I just want to. .see how your doing " I said.

" I smashed the 43-TK an hour ago and now Natalie said this drug could wake my brother up, so pretty good " she said, I inhale through my nose and exhale.

" Good for you " I said then look at the paper cranes she finished up.

" Maybe this thing is really starting to work " I poke a pink crane.

" Maybe " she said then look at her brother with a small smile.

I look over my shoulder and see mom and dad talking to each other happily and Claude is just on the chair drawing something on the tablet while Calvin is just sipping on a juice box.

" Why don't you talk to her? " I turn to Mariko.

" Me?, Talk to her? " I start laughing to the ridiculous suggestion.

" No way " I chuckle.

" Y/n " I choke on my laugh and start coughing to when mom just called me.

I cover my mouth looking at mom.

" Come here " she said as she lies there, I put a finger up.

" Wait " I cough and turn back around to Mariko.ó

She's already holding a water bottle in front of me, I grab it and open the cap quick then downed half of the bottle. I clear my throat and bring the bottle with me when I walk over to mom then stand at the foot of her foot.

" What? " I asked.

" Boys, would you give us the room please? " She asked.

" If she starts smothering you start screaming " dad said, mom hits him and he dodges it quick.

Calvin waves and Claude focuses on his tablet.

" Curtain's please " mom said and Calvin pulls the curtain close behind me.

" Am I supposed to cry now? " I asked.

" Isaac told me you cried when I was in surgery " she said, I scoff.

" Then you heard wrong " I smile.

" Y/n M/n L/n "

" Yes? " I asked.

" Come here " she gesture her head and I sigh in annoyance then walk over beside her.

" What? " I asked and sit down on the bedside.

She takes my hand as I see her in a hospital gown, I also see the bandage poking out of her collar.

" How are you hands? " She asked.

" Ten fingers in tact " I said.

" Are you okay? " She asked.

" You do know getting shot wasn't part of the plan " I said, she chuckled and sigh.