[ Chapter 9 : Sizes ]

*play song*

Y/n's pov.  

I brush Beatrix' hair down as she keeps munching on the carrots sitting down on the soft fluffy mat, I have her hair tied up beautifully into a braid down her back. I leave her short bangs hang down in front of her forehead and couldn't help myself but play with her floppy ears.

She turns her head to me as she chews, I chuckle.

" Adorable " I boop her nose and that made her stop munching while her red crimson eyes moves to the middle of her nose.

I pick up the carrot from her hand and that seems to get her attention before launching herself to grab the carrot again.

" Come on, Charlie, you can do it " I look up at Katelyn who stands six feet away from the stairs and Charlie holding onto the railing as he stands there.

" He's not going to do it " I said.

" Just believe in him, he won't do it if you say he won't do it " she said.

" Charlie, flap your wings " she gestures her hand, I pressed my lips into a line on how ridiculous that looks.

My snort caught her attention and she turns her head to me.

" This is not to be mentioned to anyone " she squints her eyes.

" Eyes on the bird " I said and she looks back at the hybrid who expanded his wings.

" Oh!, That's it " Katelyn extends her arms.

He then leaps with his wings expanding when he just land into Katelyn arms as she catch him.

" Gotcha! " She smiles looking down at him.

" Oh, that's not a pleasant face " I said.

Charlie faces turns into a frown and his eyes waters with his nose reddening.

" Oh no!, No!, No!, No!, No!, No!, You did so great! " Katelyn holds him and he burst out crying holding onto her jacket.

" He was scared of the height " I said.

" Ohh. . .umm. . . " She then turn to me as she holds him.

" Help me " she glares with a grin.

" I would but no " I said, she grumbles then turn around as she approaches the chair.

She sit down and try to calm him down by caressing his head.

" He's not a cat you just caress " I said.

" Well you do it then! " She said, I chuckle as got up.

I walk up to them and she pass him to me, I pick him up then start humming a lullaby, I walk away approaching the huge crib which is his, he starts to calm down while I hum and caress his back, his wings compress as he leans against me.

I keep humming then pick up the soft yellow blanket, I pass it to him and he smiles grabbing onto it before snuggling himself with it.

" How did you do that? " I turn around to Katelyn sitting there.

" Newborn hybrids tend to cling onto something they lay their eyes on for a long time, it'll become their favourite thing and it's sort of a therapy for them to calm down, it helps them cope with the anxiety " I said and set him down in the crib.

He lies down with the blanket over him as his eyelids closes quick.

" And they fall asleep quick when they cry " I look back at her.