[ Chapter 36 : Hot Cocoa ]

*play song*

Y/n's pov.

" I'm alright Kawaii-chan, it's just a missing leg " I said, Kawaii-chan sniffles as she clings onto me and I have my arm around her waist.

" Y/n-sama lost her leg " she said, I sigh and scratch the back of her ear.

She starts purring and lean her head back.

" She'll be fine Kc " Amber said as she's done changing the dressing around my right knee.

She gets up and walk over to the table with more medical stuff.

" When will I start using the prosthetic? " I asked.

" A while, we have to get some adjustments first so it'll be comfortable to wear, and then some practice to walk " she said.

" Finnegan shake the snow outside!, Your getting it everywhere in here! " I turn my head to the door where I see the hybrid cockatoo is a teenager with his wings bigger than him.

His blond hair is just long as his oceanic blue eyes are glaring at the fox in front of him who's ruffling snow off his jet black hair and his fox ears. He then looks at the cockatoo with his light brown eyes with a silly face.

" What are you gonna do?, Tell mom? " He cross his arms.

" Boys " Amber stands by the door and they both froze in place.

Apparently Finnegan and Charlie has finally evolved while I was away and they both have been fighting a lot like actually siblings, as for Beatrix, she's being the mean eldest type of girl and I like it. She takes it from me I suppose and I couldn't be more proud of it.

" Clean it up " Amber said and they both pout with Finnegan's tail dangling down sadly with Charlie's wings doing the same.

They walk away by pushing each other and Amber turns around to us.

" I will be back, I need to get something and check on them at the same time " she said, I nodded.

" Can Kawaii-chan do something for Y/n-sama? " I look down at Kc under my arms.

" No Kc, I think you should just go and play with Xelora in the snow " I said, she looks at me in confusion and one folded ear.

" I'm alright Kawaii-chan, go " I tap her nose and she smiles.

" Okay! " She gets off the bed and skip her way out of the room.

I lean forward then hear the door shutting before looking down at my leg, I still find it weird, I'm in this room now with stuff which I didn't know even is here, this lab is basically a hospital already.

I hold onto the table next to me as I stand and balance it out, I smile as I got it, three knocks were heard and I look up to see Laurence with mugs in his hand.

" It'll take time " he said, I chuckle as he approach then put down the mugs which I see are hot cocoas.

" I know " I said and he hold my arms, to help me sit down carefully on the bed.

" Here " he pass me the mug of cocoa.

" No, thanks " I said, he looks at me in concern.

" Kawaii-chan told me you haven't eaten since this morning " he said, I take the mug and put it down.

" It's alright, I'll drink it later " I said.

" Hey, if this leg is really affecting your mood you need to say it " he said, I look up at him with a sigh.

" I can't eat like this, I can't just eat like nothing happened, we literally just escape the grasp of my parents last night, it's not really giving me any appetite " I said.