[ Chapter 53 : The Silence ]

*play song*

Y/n's pov.

I take the painkiller and swallow it with some water before putting the bullets in the magazine as I sit here.

" Tía Y/n " I look down to my left and see Claire holding a glass of drink.

" I see you learned something new, but no thanks Claire, I already have my water " I show her my bottle.

" This is orange juice " she said with that lisp of hers, I smile and take it.

I take a sip and place it down on the table.

" Thank you Claire, it's late at night, you should go back to your mom and sleep " I said.

" Why was tía Y/n crying yesterday? " She asked.

It took me second to put down the gun magazine and sigh as I got off the chair then crouch down to her, taking her hand.

" There's a lot of things going on right now, I was just frustrated, but you have a lot of things to learn before you grow, now you have to get your sleep " I said, she pouts and grip my shirt stepping to me closer.

" Dada and daddy is not sleeping, so why should I? " She asked, I sigh again.

I move her jet black hair out of her face and behind her ear.

" They need to help with tonight's hunt, if you sleep, then tomorrow when you wake up, your daddy and dada will give you candies " I said, she smiles and I chuckle.

" Okay, now go to sleep, alright? " I asked, she hugs me and I was taken aback.

" Tía Y/n, don't be sad, I'm sure tío Laurence can make you happy with his kisses and you marry each other, you'll be happy forever! " she looks up at me and smile.

Can he really?

" Goodnight " she said and run off.

I stand up from the ground and watch her approach her big sister, they both walk away to the sleeping area and I stand here not realize tears streamed down my face.

I wipe them off and turn to my rifle on the table, I sniffle and pick up the magazine which is half loaded, I sit down and take a deep breath calming myself down. I finish reloading the rifles and put it aside before adjusting my prosthetic, I can't say it hasn't been bothering me all day, I take it off and start massaging my limb myself.

" Hey " I look up and see Vylad approaching with his rifle.

I ignore and continue in massaging it.

" Let me help " he said and sit down on the chair in front of me, setting his rifle next to mine.

I turn my head away and rest my leg on his lap as he starts massaging it for me, I wince on how sore it is.

" You slept with the prosthetic, and hadn't taken it off for hours, they're really sore " he said.

" I've been busy " I said and hiss when he pressed a point which hurts.

" You should just rest tonight, leave the hunt to us " he said, I look up at him with a raise brow.

" Why? " I asked.

" You've been hitting rock bottom for the last few hours, tonight we're going to hunt that thing and your leg is sore, might want to give yourself a goodnight sleep " he said.

" Well if you don't remember shooting things is therapy to me, you should try it sometimes " I said and take my leg away from his hand, he snickers.

" Suit yourself " he said and I put on my prosthetic.