9: The Technology Ball

Featuring the song I Won't Give Up by Jason Mraz & this lovely dress along with the purse on the left:

Evie's POV:

A black dress suit with a full grey blazer, and my favorite black heels. Sure my outfit to work looks gloomy, but wait till he sees me in the dress. I mean that, the heels, and the jewelry was all the money he gave me, I actually found a purse of mine to go with it. I feel sorry for Esmeralda, I'll make sure the next party I go to, she can come along.

💙lunch time💙

"So are you excited about the ball?" Mokuba ask. "I mean usually they're kinda boring, but I'm sure you'll have fun." "You just answered my question for me, Mokuba." "Don't worry it's always boring, there's bragging around every corner," Kaiba said. We couldn't spend so much time at the café since I'd clock out at two, so it was eat, drink and go.

💙2 o'clock at the mansion💙

"Oh my ra this place is huge," Esmeralda said. "Yeah yeah I get it, come on I'll show you the guest room," if I remember where it is. I took a shower and she took a nice bath with bubbles. "Hello, you're supposed to be helping me get ready," I said. "Yeah just give me one more minute in this jacuzzi bath and I'll be out, that's the spot." "Wait that's also a jacuzzi," I said. Eventually she got out and helped me curl my hair. "Alright so leave it down?" "Yeah, and for the makeup how about blue and gray," I said. "So it is said so it shall be done," Esmeralda said.

💙2 hours later💙

Knock knock. "Is it safe to enter?"
That's Noah. I was in a robe I found in the closet and Esmeralda was in the outfit she'd spend the rest of the night in: jeans with butterflies and a shirt with a rose. "It's ok Noah, come in." "I just came to check up on you ladies, and bring some cheese, hame, and water. Us Kaiba brothers don't want our guests starving," he said. "Why thank you," Esmeralda said. She put the cups on the dresser and the food far from the dress. "I'll tell Seto your almost ready, wait till he sees how beautiful you look."

💙the reveal💙

3rd person POV:

The dress was zipped up, the tie was tied in. Seto waited downstairs while his brothers were upstairs. "Is she ready?" Seto asks. "Oh she's ready . . . and she's beautiful," Esmeralda said. Somewhere in his heart he could not denie it, because downstairs came a girl in a long white dress with blue roses on it. Seto had no words when her shoes hit the floorboard, and the closer she came to him, he knew he had to cone to his senses.

Seto's POV:

"Is this ok? not to much not to revealing." I have to say something, "Evie . . . You look beautiful." I can't believe those words came out my mouth. "Mr. Kaiba, the gathering." "Wh, oh yes. Mokuba, Noah, I'll be back at ten, Esmeralda keep an eye on them." She had one of them on each of her sides. "We'll be in the living room doing nothing but watching tv or playing duel monsters." Now that that's off my chest. I held out my hand, for a second she hesitated but then took it. Now it was off to The Technology Ball . . . but first. "There might be a few press and paparazzi, so don't say anything and stay close to me." "Got it, pose with you for one picture then keep going." For a while it was quiet. "Evie," "hmmm?" "Tonight you have permission to call me by my first name." "Oh ok, Seto." She looked out the window and the lights of the city seemed to make that ring she had on glow brighter.

Evie's POV:

We arrived and he was right, there were cameras.

💙back at the mansion in the 3rd person POV💙

The three left in the mansion were doing exactly what Esmeralda told Kaiba. While Noah and Mokuba played duel monsters, she watched the ball that was live on tv—and when it went to commercial she watched them duel. "Boys stop the duel they're on tv." Three heads were on a big screen tv watching Evie and Seto get out the limo. "They look so beautiful together," Esmeralda said. "Seto at least smile for a picture," Mokuba said. "Oh my Ra he has his hand around her waist." They walked into the building and it went to commercial. "They will be the top thing on the news tomorrow," Noah said.

💙back to evie💙

It was beautiful—though there weren't many decorations—three big chandeliers and dark blue drapes that had glitter. It looks like the sky at night. "Are you done being amazed," Seto said. "One second . . . I'm done." We sat down at our table but we had four others with us, and one didn't exactly amuse Kaiba. "Zigfreid." (I hope I spelled that pink haired guys name right). "HeirKaiba nice to see you again, and who is zis lovely lady vith you?" "I'm Evie, Kaibas date."

Seto's POV:

My what. "Excuse us," I said. I grabbed her hand and pulled her a few feet away. "My date, Evie, really." "Well considering how close you held me at the entrance and for that picture, the people are gonna think we're close, or more." She was right, and I was still holding onto her now. I let go, "finally, your grip was getting tight," she said.

💙after dinner and impressing the rich smart people with smart talk💙

Evie's POV:

Seto got up and stuck his hand out. "Care to dance, Evie?" I did say one dance, let's just hope it's slow. "Be my pleasure," I said. I'm pretty sure all eyes were on us instead of the others, once on the floor his other hand went to my waist, and mine on his shoulder.

When I look into your eyes
It's like watching the night sky
Or a beautiful sunrise
Well there's so much they hold
We did exactly that, looked blue eyes to blue eyes.
And just like them old stars
I see that you've come so far
To be right where you are
How old is your soul?
Have they always been sapphire blue.

Well I won't give up on us
Even if the skies get rough
I'm giving you all my love
I'm still looking up

Ok so far we haven't stepped on each other feet, that's good.

And when you're needing your space
To do some navigating
I'll be here patiently waiting
To see what you find

He spun me slowly.

'Cause even the stars they burn
Some even fall to the earth
Still holding his hand I went out,
We've got a lot to learn
God knows we're worth it
No, I won't give up
I came back with my back facing him, for a second I think I heard seto's heart.

I don't wanna be someone who walks away so easily
I'm here to stay and make the difference that I can make
"Ready to give them a surprise," Seto said. "What?"
Our differences they do a lot to teach us how to use the tools and gifts
We got yeah we got a lot at stake
"You have to trust me." Should I?
And in the end you're still my friend at least we did intend
For us to work we didn't break, we didn't burn
"I trust you, Seto Kaiba."
We had to learn, how to bend without the world caving in
Not just because it's a gut feeling,
I had to learn what I got, and what I'm not
But because the songs almost done.
And who I am
"Hold on," he said.

I won't give up on us
He picked me up bridal style,
Even if the skies get rough
And spun around.
I'm giving you all my love
Then danced with me literally in his arms.
I'm still looking up

Well, I won't give up on us (no I'm not giving up)
God knows I'm tough (I am tough) he knows (I am loved)
At this point I think we're the only ones on the dance floor.
We got a lot to learn (we're alive, we are loved)
God knows we're worth it (and we're worth it)

I had to rest my head on his shoulder.
I won't give up on us
Even if the skies get rough
I'm giving you all my love
I'm still looking up

I looked up at him, but before I spoke . . . Cheers all around.