37: Seto & Evie's Wedding (part 1)

God that dress is pretty.

Evie's POV:

We sent the invites out, they're in a blue letter sealed with the Kaiba Corp logo, but when you look at the invitation it's in warm autumn colors saying you're invited to the wedding of Seto Kaiba and Evie Braginski. There's no point in hiding my last name, because soon it's gonna change. Seto had Esmeralda and me leave with my wedding dress and accessories three days before the ceremony, he thought I should have my bachelorette party at home, I agreed as long as he brought Yugi and his friends with him.

💙on a KC plain to Russia💙

Seto's POV:

"Listen you dweebs, Evie is from a high class family so don't embrace me or make fools of yourselves, at least not until the reception." "Don't worry, Kaiba, I'll make sure everyone behaves," Yugi's grandpa said. "They better, or you're on the first flight from Russia to Domino." "W-w-wait we're goin' da Europe, I thought this was in New York," Joey said. "No Joey she's Russian, couldn't you tell by her name on the invitation," Bakura said. "I'm surprised he knew Russia was in Europe," Téa said. "Don't worry, the name doesn't matter, because soon she'll be a Kaiba," Mokuba said. "Thanks for inviting me, Kaiba," That mutts sister said. "Well I was generous enough to let each of you bring one person, and apparently it was just your brother and Yugi's grandpa, come on Mokuba." Once I was upstairs my brothers wanted to talk. "So Seto, any prewedding jitters?" Noah asked. "No, I just hope everything is ok and Evie is having a good time." "Did you see her bachelorette party pics, she's having a great time and her older sisters breast are huge," Noah said. "What he means to say is she's alright . . . Now how rich did you say she was?" I told them to come closer. "Rich enough for us to get married at her house, and she has the same ballroom on the second floor."

💙we've landed💙

There was a white and black limo waiting for us when we landed, out the white limo came Evie's mom. "Seto, nice to see you again, so these are your friends?" "More like guest," I said. "Oh, well then they can step into the black limo that will take them to the hotel, and in two days it will come pick them up at one." The dweebs put their stuff in the back and got in. "Enjoy the hotel as much as you can for two days," Evie's mom said. "We will," Yugi said. Once that limo left I could finally speak the truth. "How is she, is she fine?" "She's alright, although you sending her here early means she doesn't want to see you until she's at the alter, or in this case gazebo." "I understand." I really did, I wanted Evie here early instead of us coming together, and by doing that she needs to think. "And who are these young men?" "Oh sorry, this is my brother, Mokuba, and my stepbrother, Noah." Just like when he met Evie, he gave her mom a handshake. How sweet, come along you three, we've a lot to discuss."

💙at the mansion💙

Evie's POV:

"Your mom said to wait," Olga said. "Ya ne mogu bol'she zhdat' (I can't wait any longer)," I said. I unzipped the bag . . . And it was exactly what I wanted. I took it out and hung it on my dresser. "They did it, oh Olga can you see how beautiful it is." "I can't wait to see it on you in two days," she said. "Now today and tomorrow's plans . . . Ah yes stay in your room and not see your fiancé," she said with a sour face. "Moy dorogoy (my dear) you can't stay in here forever." "Just for two more days, Olga, then I'm out and married." "Oh that reminds me," she put the wedding shoes under the dress, "he's going to have dinner with your family tonight." That should be interesting.

💙he arrives💙

3rd person POV:

The little brothers were amazed at the house. "She's rich," Mokuba said. Even more then us," Noah said. Evie opened her curtains to see them, but when she saw brown hair she shut them. Sure Evie was over the fact that she couldn't come with her fiancé, but just for that she's spending three days in her room, and this was her choice.
Knock knock.
"Who is it?" Evie ask. "It's me and Noah, don't worry my brothers just getting settled in." Mokuba, those two she'll let it. Evie unlocked her bedroom door and let them in, locking it again once they were in. "Boys, I missed you soooo much." She hugged them Both tightly. "Is that your dress?" Mokuba asked. "Yeah, take a good look at her boys, because you won't see it again till I'm in it." "I can't wait to see the look on Seto's face when you're in it," Noah said. "Yeah, has he written his vows yet?" The boys said nothing.

💙dinner time💙

Seto's POV:

Me and my brothers joined Evie's family for dinner. The table was full, but somehow there was guilt in my stomach. "I'm sorry she's not eating with us this just feels—"
"Now don't worry, Seto, we had time with her, and it was her decision to stay in her room," Evie's mom said. "You can talk to her later, although a door might be in your way," her dad said, "now who's ready for Chicken Kiev." "Hey that's our favorite," Mokuba said. "Oh really," her brother said. "Yes we had her over for dinner one night and we made it, with her help of course," Noah said. "Is this true?" Evie's mom asks. I can honestly say yes, and we worked as a team to make sure it was perfect," I said.

💙dinners over💙

Knock knock. "Evie, it's Seto, can we talk."

Evie's POV:

I didn't know what to do, I just washed my hands and took a breath. I leaned back on my door. "Seto, is that really you?" "As real as your dress is beautiful—or so my brothers say." I laughed a bit. "I can't believe you're here, I can't believe this is happening." "Yeah, me either." "Seto, have you written you vows yet?" "No, that's why I wanted to talk to you," he said. I faced the door and put my hands on it. "What is it?" "Evie . . . are you wearing the necklace and bracelet I gave you?" "I hardly take them off, Seto. Especially since my mom told me The Heart of the Dragon was basically your heart." I didn't expect him to say these next four words. "Well she was right." Now I was lost, "What do you mean she was right." "Evie, I gave you that necklace because I love you, but the more I thought about it, I realized one day I loved you so much I'd give you my heart . . . Which is why I'm telling you not to wear the necklace or bracelet at the wedding." I was in tears, "I won't I promise." ". . . Are you crying? Evie if you're crying I will break down this door and hold you till you stop." There's the Seto Kaiba I know, kind and fierce at the same time. "I'm-I'm ok just emotional before the wedding *sigh* Seto I want you to know, no matter what happens under that gazebo, I'll always love you." "I'll love you as high as my satellite station," he said, "which I promise to take you on." "Yeah, you still haven't done that," I said. "Well I'm sure as husband and wife it'll be more romantic . . . Goodnight Evie." "Goodnight Seto."

💙time to get married💙

The hair was curly, the makeup was simple, and the dress fit like a glove. "Olga please don't cry now." "I know, it's just . . . Ty zhenish'sya." "I know right . . . I'm getting married." I looked in the mirror and couldn't stop smiling. "Olga get my bridesmaids, I wanna see the look on their faces."

To be continued.