22: Karaoke night

Featuring the song, Love Me Like You Do, by Ellie Goulding

💙a week later💙

Evie's POV:

"No."
"Oh come on, Seto." "I am not going with you to karaoke with the dweebs," he said. "Esmeralda will be there." "Great," and he looked back at his computer. Alright that's it. I went to his side of the desk and sat on his lap. "Pick me up in two hours, we go there for a few minutes, and then it's just me and you the rest of the night." I moved my hand through his hair while the other was at my heart. "Please . . ." He stopped my hand. "You better be ready when I knock." "Oh thank you," I said. I gave him a kiss to soothe him down—and because I have to do it before I leave his office. But I don't care, I love him. "See you tonight," I said.

💙time skip💙

I decided to wear the outfit I bought at the mall when it was just me and the girls. "Ok bracelet, necklace, and—"
Knock knock.
Him. I got my purse and answered the door. His look didn't change—same outfit from the day off—nor did the expression on his face. "Still mad at me," I asked. "Would I be mad if I gave you this," from behind his back he pulled out a white rose. "Two on the same day, oh Seto, I'll be right back." When I did, he'd changed, his hood was up. "Let's go," Seto said. "Aren't ya give your girl a kiss?" He stopped. "Consider the rose a sweet hello one, there may be more later."

🎤time for karaoke🎤

"Remember, Seto just hold my hand or put it around my shoulder, or waist."
"I might just sit you on my lap like you did this morning," he said. My cheeks were pink. "Alright where are—"
"Found them," Seto said. "How do you know it's them?" "Because you can't miss Yugi and his hair." I looked where he was pointing and Yugi, Joey, and Triston were singing. "You're right come on." At least when we got to the karaoke booth they stopped singing. "Thank you, thank you eeeh wacha doin' here richboy?" "Shhhh, I told him to come." "And I told her to tell him to come," Esmeralda said.

Seto's POV:

"YOU WHAT!" With microphones still in their hands, their voices could've broken the speakers. "I think I've gone death, and I haven't even heard good singing," I said. "Ok why don't you two sit over here, hey Duke go get two coke's," Esmeralda said. Good, the right corner, the farther I am from the dweebs the better.

🎤after a song from Esmeralda, one from Téa, and one from Joey🎤

"Is this torture over?" I asked. "I don't know how ya can talk, richboy, what with your head in Evies boobs." I opened my eyes, I'll never admit this to anyone, but Wheeler was right, The Heart of the Dragon was closer than ever. I moved my face back, I felt so hot I couldn't look at Evie or the dweebs.

Evie's POV:

Maybe I shouldn't of brought him here. "Seto lets—"
"Oh no, you two don't leave until you sing," Esmeralda said. "Ya c'mon just one song," Joey said. "Pleeeeease," Téa begged. I gave up. "Alright fine, just one song, Esmeralda nothing too crazy," I said. "Oh don't worry I've got the perfect one," she said. I was a little worried when I took the microphone, but then I heard the melody and felt good.

"You're the light, you're the night
You're the color of my blood
You're the cure, you're the pain
You're the only thing I wanna touch
Never knew that it could mean so much, so much."

When your best friend knows your favorite song, you don't have to look at the words.

"You're the fear, I don't care
'Cause I've never been so high
Follow me through the dark
Let me take you past our satellites
You can see the world you brought to life, to life."

You just have to look at the boy you're singing it to.

"So love me like you do, lo-lo-love me like you do
Love me like you do, lo-lo-love me like you do
Touch me like you do, to-to-touch me like you do
What are you waiting for?"

Seto's POV:

That voice. When I showed my face I saw Evie singing.

"Fading in, fading out
On the edge of paradise
Every inch of your skin, is a Holy Grail I've gotta find,
She looked at no one but me.
Only you can set my heart on fire, on fire."
Her hand went to the necklace.

"Yeah, I'll let you set the pace
'Cause I'm not thinking straight
My head's spinning around, I can't see clear no more,
Well my head wasn't spinning and I could clearly see what was on stage.
Oh, what are you waiting for?"

My beautiful blue eyes girlfriend.

"Love me like you do, lo-lo-love me like you do
Love me like you do, lo-lo-love me like you do
Touch me like you do, to-to-touch me like you do, oh
What are you, what are you waiting for?
What are you waiting for?"

Evie's POV:

"Oh, I'll let you set the pace
Oh, 'cause I'm not thinking straight
Though my head's spinning around, I can't see clear no more,
Time to project.
What are you waiting for?"

"Love me like you do, lo-lo-love me like you do (Like you do, oh)
Oh, love me like you do
Touch me like you do, to-to-touch me like you do, oh
Oh, what are you waiting for?"

"Love me like you do, lo-lo-love me like you do (Like you do)
Lo-lo-love me like you do
Touch me like you do, to-to-touch me like you do, oh
What are you, what are you waiting for?"

"Awesome," Joey said. "Evie you were amazing," Yugi said. I looked at them all and said thanks, then walked up to Seto and stuck my hand out. "Let's get out of here." He took my hand . . . Then pulled me down, now I was on his lap again. "Thought you'd never ask." He put my purse on my lap then picked me up bridal style. "Se ya Esmeralda, as for the rest of you I hope we never meet again," Seto said. He carried me all the way to the car. "Get in." I did as my boss told, mostly because he said it seriously. He drove me home, I guess the night was over . . . Until he pushed me against the wall and kissed me. I dropped the keys, I tried fighting for dominance, but his tung is just as strong as him. We separated and a tiny string of saliva held onto both our lips for a second. "You brought me home just to make out," I said. Seto put both his hands on the wall. "Me and you the rest of the night, somewhere peaceful and quiet."

💙a few minutes later💙

There was Love and lust on this couch, but I don't know who had what. I put my fingers through his hair, his hands caressed my cheek . . . Then went lower. "Mind if I get to second base?" I sat facing him, "only if this is ok," I said. "It's perfect," his hands moved strands of my hair, "you're perfect, Evie." "Oh shut up and kiss me," I said. When our lips touched I didn't want it to end, so I put my arms around him, I didn't realize it till his hands went under my shirt . . . but I didn't have a bra on. He touched them and then I moaned in his mouth. He took his hands out and we separated, "I-I-I'm so sorry." "It's alright, Evie," Seto said, "it's just love." We laid down on the couch, my head on his chest and our legs intertwined. "Evie, there's something I wanna ask you, I thought it should wait till tomorrow but . . . why don't you spend the next weekend at my place." I got up and looked at him. "What?" "You work for me three nights in a row, I think just to make things easier you'll come to work and back with me—"
"This has to do with your brothers, doesn't it?" He looked up at the sealing. "Half of it does, they wanna see you more." I laid back down. "Well then I hope you don't mind me arriving at work with a suitcase," I said. "Don't worry Evie, I'll pick you up Friday, wait for you to get ready, and I'll have the suitcase sent to the mansion and put in the guest room."