Chapter 24

Jin went back home exhausted from the college and opened the door, only to hear some shuffling noises coming. His exhaustion vanished, replacing it with dread and fear. He thought if he saw Youngbok following him and realized that he wasn't there. 'Oh shit, is he in there?' Jin thought, panic rising in him. Jin looked around, trying to think of something to save himself.

He saw a pot which was empty and decided to take that. He slowly took out his shoes, not making any sound and tiptoed inside very carefully. He spotted weird things like a bag, coats and sunglasses. Frowning, Jin wondered if it belonged to Youngbok but shrugged it off and went to where the noise came from being very quiet and that place was the kitchen.

He saw someone's shadow around the corner and froze, almost sure that it was Youngbok. "Jin?" A voice called from behind and Jin jumped in the air, dropping the pot, breaking it to pieces. "Holy biscuits" Jin screeched turning around, facing his father who was looking at him confused. Jin glanced behind him and saw his mom, wearing an apron. "The fuck?" He whispered in shock.

Mrs.Kim took long strides and slapped Jin's back "Don't curse" she warned and Jin whined, "Why is everyone trying to kill me today?" He complained stomping his feet. The elder couple were confused seeing their grown ass son throwing tantrum. Jin lunged to hug his mom, whining in the crook of her neck, "Moooooom~" he cried and Mrs.Kim patted his back.

"Calm down" she said softly easing Jin's nerves. Jin moved away and hugged his dad, who laughed a little, happy to see his son, "How are you son?" He asked and Jin sighed, moving away with a small smile, "I'm absolutely fine." He said but frowned the next minute, "But what are you both doing here and when did you come?" He asked curiously.

Hearing Jin question them, Mr.Kim pursed his lips, "You think we would leave you alone knowing that he is back?" He asked pointedly and Jin rolled his eyes, "I told you guys not to worry. You never listen to me" he pouted and Mrs.Kim exhaled in disbelief, "How can we not worry? Tell me, who would help you if he does something when we are away? Who will save you?" She questioned.

Jin softened hearing the worry dripping from her voice. He held his father's and mother's hand, pulling them to the couch and sat them down. Smiling at them, he kneeled in front of them, "You guys have to trust me. I am not going to let him win this time. It's enough. We every time move away or ask the Commissioner to get him arrested but what happened? Every time he just comes back. Now its enough, I won't run away this time, I'll face him, I'll make him pay for his mistakes. I won't let us live in terror anymore" he softly said with hopeful eyes.

For a second, Jin felt his heart shattering seeing the blank faces of his parents but then sighed in relief when, Mr.Kim smiled proudly, "My son is very brave" he said patting Jin's shoulder and Jin beamed with happiness, looking at his mom, who was yet to react. "Mom" he called softly and Mr.Kim sighed knowing the thoughts in his wife's head and gently took one of her hand in his.

"Honey, Jin is right. It's time to end everything. You know we can't run away every time and its high time Youngbok stops. The more we ignore, the more it will get serious" he explained, hoping she would understand. Mrs.Kim pursed her lips, "I know. I know it all but what if he does something bad? Why if he hurts Jin or worse-" she stopped shaking her head slightly, stopping the negative thoughts.

Taking a deep breath, Mrs.Kim nodded, "Okay, you want to end this all, I won't stop you Jin, but you have to promise me one thing. After all this you'll come with us to the states. You stayed back because of him, so after his end, you'll come with us. I have lived half of my life without you, I want to live my ending days with my son" she pleading said, almost close to bursting in tears.