Chapter 45

Once Youngbok heard the police sirens, he ran away. He ran to his shabby apartment, which was located in the slum area of the city. Youngbok hated it, he hated how his once lavish lifestyle had changed to this and he shamelessly blamed it all on the Kim's for ruining his life. He couldn't accept that it was all his fault, he couldn't bring himself to accept his mistakes and own up to them. Instead, he decided to blame others.

When he heard his father pleading Jin's father just before getting shot, he couldn't believe his ears. The man that he loved with all his life was actually a bad person. He forced himself to believe that it was all a plan that Jin's father made to take over the company. Not knowing how to deal with the agony, he started torturing the innocent boy, who barely knew what was even happening. Youngbok was confused when Kim's treated him like their son.

But again, the voices in his head screamed at him to not believe them and fall into their trap. Many a times Youngbok did feel guilty when Jin begged him to stop hurting him and the love and care Kim's showered him with made him feel guilty, but the hatred inside him stopped him from not getting his revenge. He was innocently obeying the voice in his head, asking him to get revenge.

The hatred for Kim's and the voice in his head constantly asking him to take revenge for his dead father was taking a toll on him. Nobody knew that Youngbok was mentally ill and Youngbok decided to not believe it. Youngbok thought it was the determination and continued hurting Jin for most of his life. When he was caught, he was scared and almost convinced that the Kim's would drop the act and was ready to see the true colors of Jin's parents.

But instead of yelling or throwing him out, when the Kim's gave him a look full of betrayal and disappointment and send him off to the States for further studies, he got confused. Nothing that he expected had happened. Never once did Youngbok think about the positive side and simply focused on the bad side. He again believed that the Kim's, to save their reputation, send him off without doing anything and that thought fueled his anger.

Youngbok was forced to stay away from the criminals of his father but never once did he forget about his revenge. He somehow graduated and quickly flew back to Korea after 5 years. All those years he did keep a track of Kim's activities and wasnt surprised when Jin's father became the best businessman. The anger and hatred only grew in him with years. When he flew back to Korea, like expected, he wasn't welcomed in the Kim's family.

Instead he was given his father's savings and the house that was under his name. Youngbok gambled and lost the house, again for which he blamed the Kim's. He never stopped from taking his revenge, he kept hurting Jin and wasn't surprised when they kept moving from cities to cities, which made Youngbok laugh at them. Countless times he was imprisoned for hurting Jin and had court trails on him for proving him to be a criminal.

But never did Youngbok fear the police and ran away from the jail all the times he was caught, which made the Kim's anxious and worried for Jin. Youngbok knew that Kim's were running away from him and he enjoyed mentally torturing them. He never realised that the Kim's were keeping their promise made to his dead father. Last time, Youngbok had successfully captured Jin by drugging him.

He captured Jin from a business party, held to celebrate the success of Jin's father. Youngbok had tied unconscious Jin's hands and legs and threw him in the pool, which was unavailable for the guests. He was more than happy that finally his revenge was going to be complete. Jin kept going deeper into the water and Youngbok walked away proudly, feeling accomplished. Luckily, a couple who came to have their private time in the secluded area.

They noticed Jin drowning and quickly called the police and ambulance. The kind man had pulled out Jin from water but Jin had stopped breathing by then. The paramedics performed CPR on the spot and saved his life, much to Youngbok's displeasure. He got the news of famous Kim's son being hospitalized and went crazy. Punching everything and everyone, Youngbok released his frustration and anger.