Chapter 34

Jin went to the nearest restaurant to get the requested soup for Minjoon. He was humming some random song, looking around the streets, walking to the restaurant. He reached the place and ordered some soup, waiting for it to get ready. He sat down at some table in the corner, playing games in his phone. He was totally into his phone and almost jumped up in fright when he heard his name been called out.

Jin looked up in a flash, almost screaming bloody murder. "Yo, yo, relax. It's just me" the person said, raising their hands in surrender. Jin let out a relieved breath, gulping his screams away and took few deep breaths, controlling his palpitating heart. Putting his phone away, Jin sat straight and looked at the person, "Jaebum, what are you doing here?" He asked shakily, trying to recover from the shock.

Jaebum pursed his lips, sitting opposite to Jin, "I'm sorry for scaring you. I came here with few of my friends and saw you alone so dropped by to check on you" he explained and Jin smiled a little, "I was actually collecting some food." he explained vaguely and Jaebum nodded in understanding. "How long have you been here? I just saw you now" Jaebum asked and Jin looked at his phone to check the time.

Humming thoughtfully, Jin spoke, "It's almost 30 minutes" he said unsure and Jaebum frowned, "You were here for so long, all alone" he said and Jin just shrugged, "The others were busy and besides I was just near by" he said and Jaebum nodded, not pressing on it anymore. "Hey JB" someone called and Jaebum turned around, waving at someone, who told him that they were leaving. Jin frowned in confusion, "Aren't you gonna go with them?" He asked.

Jaebum shook his head, "Nope. This is my parent's restaurant and I'm helping them out today. I was just hanging out with them, so yeah" he said shrugging and Jin finally noticed the apron on Jaebum. Jin made an O face, making Jaebum chuckle, "While waiting for the food, why don't you order something?" He suggested but Jin shook his head, "I'm fine. Besides I need to get going soon" he said and Jaebum stood up.

"Let me go check on your order" Jaebum said and Jin smiled gratefully, nodding at him. Jaebum left Jin to check and returned back after 5 mins, holding a bag and a bottle of soft drink. He placed the bag on the table, in front of Jin, "Here is your order and this is from me. An apology for scaring you" he said trailing off and Jin shook his head, "No no, it's fine. I wasn't paying attention around, so you didn't scare me" He argued.

Jaebum forced Jin to accept the drink which he did. Jaebum smiled happily while Jin gave a forced smile, feeling awkward, "Well, thank you for the food. I should get going now" he said and Jaebum nodded, "Sure, do visit again" he said politely and Jin smiled, waving at him. Jaebum send Jin off and as soon as he was out of the sight, Jaebum's smile replaced into a serious face. He clicked on his watch, bringing it close to his mouth, "Yeah, he just left. He is all alone now" he said in the watch.

A message popped on the screen of his watch and Jaebum gave a curt nod to himself. Quickly, taking the apron off, he threw it and rushed out, following Jin very sneakily. Jaebum kept a distance and watched Jin walking to somewhere. All the time, Jaebum made sure that he wasn't getting any unnecessary attention. But Jin felt something weird. He felt like he was being followed. Trusting his gut, Jin looked at the glasses of the big showrooms.

His gut turned out to be right, he was indeed being followed. Jin tried to remain oblivious to being followed and casually kept walking. He was trying to reach the hospital soon but the way seemed long, making Jin slightly panic. "Hey Jin!" Someone called pantingly and Jin froze in his place, screwing his eyes shut. "Jin?" The same voice said and Jin opened one of his eyes, looking at the person who was none other than Jaebum.