Chapter 16

Jungkook slowly walked to where Tae was waiting. He was extremely nervous, his palms sweating, breath shaky and feet trembling. Mustering his courage, he made his way and stood behind Tae, who was staring at the empty road. Gulping thickly, Jungkook opened his mouth to announce of his presence but Tae beat to him.

"I was beginning to think you wouldn't come" Take said without looking at Kook, who was startled. Looking down, Kook licked his dry lips, "I had to, I didn't want you waiting for a long time" he said softly and Tae let out a bitter chuckle and turned around facing the boy, "Really? Why so?" He asked mockingly, feigning fake confusion on his face.

Jungkook didn't like the feeling in his heart seeing Tae, he wasn't rude, yet, but the disappointment and betrayal in Tae's eyes made some pinching sensation in Kook's heart. Exhaling softly, Kook looked at Tae with the most guiltiest look, "I'm really sorry Tae, I know I made the biggest mistake and nothing can really justify it" He said in one breath and paused.

Sighing softly, he continued, "It was my stupidity and foolishness to cause trouble to you and the rest of them. I'm really very sorry, for everything" he genuinely apologized unknown to fury rising in Tae's chest, hearing him. Tae grit his teeth and clenched his fists, he absolutely hated how Jungkook was just accepting his mistakes, without any hesitance.

He hated how Jungkook was proving himself guilty and apologizing, he hated that out of every one else, he was the one who broke his trust. Tae sarcastically clapped, "Wow, what a speech. But you think your apology will make things right?" He asked angrily and Kook pursed his lips, not answering him. Tae put on the coldest look and stared right in Kook's eyes.

"Do you even know why am I angry?" Tae asked folding his across his chest, suddenly looking tall and buffy, scaring Kook a little. Kook felt tiny in front of him and gulped before answering him, "Because I lost Yeontan" he said looking down at his feet and Tae chuckled sadly, "No Jungkook" he said, using Kook's full name.

Hearing his own name from Tae felt so foreign and after so many years and hearing it, didn't feel good to Kook, not one bit at all, making him flinch internally, but he didn't show it. "I'm not angry because you lost Yeontan, I'm angry because you lied to me, Jungkook" Tae said sadly, not believing that Kook didn't really know him well after so many years.

"I'm angry because you thought of betraying me, I'm angry because you didn't think of coming out clean to me and use some other way to cover your mistake" Tae explained in disbelief and Kook shut his eyes, utterly regretting not listening to Namjoon's suggestion, he really should've considered it in the first place instead of relying on his fear.

Tae sighed heavily, pinching the bridge of his nose, "I wouldn't have been mad at you if you would've told me Yeontan was missing coz at the end of the day, he would return back. He is a dog and he knows his home" he said almost crying. "I'm more sad that you didn't think of my feelings even once before getting me other pet and keeping me in the dark forever" he whispered in pain.

Listening to Tae, Kook snapped his head at Tae and hook his head vigorously, denying the accusation of hurting him, "I didn't mean to do that Tae, I really mean to hurt you." Kook said pleadingly, trying not to cry but Tae shook his head, not believing him."I don't believe you, I can't trust you anymore." He spat and Kook almost broke down crying but didn't.

Tae gulped the knot in his throat and took a deep breath, "If you didn't think even once before lying to me then that clearly means you don't trust me enough. And what is a friendship without trust on each other? You were my best friend for fuck sakes and it is fucking killing me every time I think of what you did" Tae cried and this time, tears welled up in his eyes.