Five

At the sound of my phone ringing on my desk, I got up and rushed to it. Not wanting to wake Callum up, I silenced the call first. After fucking each other a good number of times, he was too tired to stand up and get back home, so he spent the night here. His parents weren't home and his elder brother, just like mine, was in college.

Eli was calling, so I walked to my balcony, and closed the French doors carefully. It was almost midnight. Why was Eli calling me?

"Hey you know that I'm sleeping, right?" I said when I picked the call, sounding a bit pissed he was disturbing my beauty sleep.

"Yeah, sorry about that. I did your research on your guy Ace?" His words were like caffeine, waking me up instantly.

"What did you get?"

"He's Italian, moved here with his brother like five weeks ago. His brother works in that fancy restaurant downtown while he works in a pizzeria. The only record of family is only that their parents died in a car crash when Ace was still a baby. A family in Italy adopted them, but that's all. The name if the family isn't mentioned, at least not that I can find. I might have to dig deeper for that. Ace is into photography. He takes really wonderful pictures. I'm impressed. And he's a nerd, of course. He doesn't really have any routine, just school, work and he goes on walks some days, taking pictures of stuffs around him, nothing much. His life is boring, apart from the photography part." Eli explained, and I took it all in.

"I'll send the info to your mail. What's your deal with this guy, anyway?"

I sighed. "I'm just a little curious. He seems different. And the way he keeps looking at me in school..." I shuddered, "thanks Eli."

"Sure, now you can go back to sleep. Good night."

"Good night," I chuckled, then hung up.

I didn't have the strength to think about Ace because all I wanted to do was sleep, so I snuck back into bed and let Cal pull me closer to him.

The next day, Ace was in Chemistry so I made my way to his desk, taking the seat beside him. He looked like he was going to shit himself.

"Hi, I'm Olivia. I believe we haven't officially met," I said with a smile and stretched my hand out to him.