Forty

The fake sleeves were working for Ace, you'd never suspect that Ace, the nerdy weird guy had tattoos

The fake sleeves were working for Ace, you'd never suspect that Ace, the nerdy weird guy had tattoos. Everything was going fine, Ace and Jane were working together just fine as Desdemona and Iago.

I got a handful of complaints from both parties, Ace complaining of how much Jane wouldn't stop being nasty to him and complaining about working with him. Jane didn't stop eating my ear off of how much of a 'loser' she thought he was. At times I felt like slapping her for the mean words she said about him but I held my tongue.

With the play finally over, the cast stood in a straight line, held hands and bowed to the crowd as the curtains were drawn. I caught Ace's gaze for a mere second.

People began to rush out of the auditorium but I sat back even when my friends stood up, I chose not be squashed between people.

When the crowd had cleared drastically, I stood up and began to walk out.

"Phoenix," a familiar voice called out and I knew who it was instantly.

"Hey Red, it's been a while," I said to him stopping in my tracks a little.

He stood by me, "did you miss me?"

I scoffed, "in your dreams."

He chuckled and lazily draped his arm over my shoulder. "I heard that Sean is an ass wipe."

"That is absolutely correct," I agreed. "But not to worry, I'm not leaving the tracks yet, I guess his father was able to speak some sense into his head and of course beg me back in."

"That's sad, I was finally dreaming of being the star again," he said with a downcast look which was of course fake.

"Sorry lad," I patted his chest. "Not just yet," I pushed his arm away from my shoulder and walked away from him, heading to meet my friends.

ACE

Waiting for the cast to leave the back rooms, I had one more thing to do, change out of this costume without being seen. I took my bag that had my clothes and walked into a cubicle behind to change.

I had already started slipping on my jacket when I remembered the fake sleeves Olivia had oh so craftily cut out for me. It was making me sweat and I couldn't head home like this, I'd die.

Slipping the jacket off, I hung it on the cubicle door and took the sleeves out, tucking them into the pockets of the jacket.

My phone beeped in my pocket and I fished it out, it was a text from Alex.

Alex- where r u? Dimitri is getting impatient.

Dimitri? I wasn't aware that he was coming over. I quickly typed in my reply.

Me- still in skl, b dere in five.

I quickly tucked my phone back into my pocket and reached for my jacket but before I could grab it, it got dragged from the other side meaning someone took it.