Forty Nine

Since we still had time to spare before Ace had to drop me at home, we decided to stop at his place

Since we still had time to spare before Ace had to drop me at home, we decided to stop at his place. While in his room, I seriously fought the urge to snoop around. His laptop was on his desk, open. I knew his password so unlocking it wouldn't be a problem.

But was I ready to know the truth?

Would I be able to handle whatever secret Ace and his brothers had been keeping from me?

Was there even a secret to begin with?

Even if there was a secret would I find it on his laptop?

I looked at the open laptop again then at the doorway.

Ace was downstairs attending to something his brother had told him to do and he'd been gone for about two minutes now. I didn't know how much longer I had it if I'd be able to successfully pull this off.

I sighed and sat on the chair. My legs were starting to really hurt so I quickly took my shoes off.

I looked at the laptop and the door again.

I needed answers.

I stood up and made my way to the door. I could hear Ace speaking Italian on the phone which was kind of a good sign, the conversation was going to be long.

I rushed back to the chair and sat down.

My fingers hovered over the cursor of the laptop.

Did I really want to do this?

Ace would be so mad if he ever found out and I didn't want to upset him.

"Hey, sorry that took a while, my dad is getting on my nerves." I literally jumped off of the chair.

I turned to Ace. "Don't scare me like that."

"Sorry, I didn't mean to." He set the glass of water he was holding on the desk.

He laughed now as he crossed his arms. "What were you thinking about that consumed all of your attention?"

I shrugged, praying he would just drop it.

He chuckled and reached for the laptop, picking it up and sitting on his bed. He began to do whatever it was on it.

"Come I want to show you something." He looked up at me.

I forced a smile and made my way beside him.

"These are the pictures I took for a competition." He tilted the laptop to me so I could get a good view of the screen. "The theme is life but the hard part is, we're not allowed to edit the pictures, they have to be displayed in their raw form."

"That sounds like a tough one." I looked at him.

"Not really." He shrugged. "The winner of the competition gets the chance to display a collection at one of the biggest art exhibitions in the world. People from all over the world will be there, celebrities and it'll be a great exposure, a chance to be known and I really need this."