Twenty Nine

True to his words I did see him again

True to his words I did see him again. On Monday that is, all weekend I stayed indoors.

I was dying to know why he left and literally disappeared for four weeks but I knew better than to push him for answers. I also had questions concerning what happened to him that he happened to have so much scars but I really didn't want to push my luck.

I passed him in the hallway when I walked into school and we only kept eye contact for like a second. During Calculus not a single word was spoken between us but we kept making eye contact.

All weekend I had been asking myself what was going on between us. Yes we were friends but friends that kissed, twice? What does that make us then?

Do I like him? Does he like me? I didn't even know what it means to like someone, I'd never had feelings for anyone except some guy named Jude I used to have a crush on in middle school. It died pretty fast though especially when he left the country.

Apart from that, I had no idea what it meant to actually like someone. What happened to you? The crush I had on Jude I told myself it was just a mindless thing and I was still little then. Now I was grown and was confused.

I sat with Jane and Chloe for lunch. Cal and the twins were with their coach so we may not be seeing them during lunch. I used that opportunity to ask my friends the question bothering my mind.

"Guys, how do you know if you like someone?" I kept my face as neutral as possible.

Their eyes widened. "You like someone?" Jane leaned in.

"No," I shook my head. "I'm just asking for a research." God I sounded stupid.

Both girls looked at themselves and Chloe spoke this time. "Well, it's just something you know. Butterflies in your belly when you think about them or if they're around you or if they touch you, even if it's just a little," she touched the tip of my fingers. "You think about them constantly, like you can't literally get them off your mind. Most times you become your real self around them meaning you're comfortable around them. Of course you blush a lot around them or even if their name is mentioned."

I took her words in and nodded, "thanks."

"Now who is the guy?" Jane wiggled her brows.

"No one," I looked between both of them.

"Alright," she sat back, folding her arms.

We went back to our meals and I thought hard about what they said.

I did feel something in the pit of my stomach, sweet but strange when I was around him or if he touched me, most of the times his touch burned me in a sweet kind of way. I thought about him more often and I did things around him that I never did around others. I was different around him. And the thought of him filled me with warmth.

Did it mean that I liked him?

No it wasn't possible. I couldn't like him. We were of two different worlds, we couldn't mix. Plus I doubted he even liked me, he couldn't like me right? It'd be crazy if he liked me.