Forty Eight

ACE

ACE

I did a double check on my pistol before putting it in my hostler then I picked the assault rifle and dropped it inside the duffle bag with the other guns and zipped it up. I held the bag as I walked out of the basement.

I could hear their voices outside and I quickened my pace to catch up with them. It wasn't like they were going to leave me but I'd rather not anger them, Diego especially.

When I stepped out of the house, I handed the bag to Romeo who placed it inside the trunk of the SUV we were using.

"Shouldn't you be getting ready for prom?" Eli, the gang member that I had to tolerate for the sake of finding out the people who wanted to kill Olivia, said.

"I am ready." I gestured to my body.

I was wearing a well-tailored black pants and a white dress shirt. All I needed was my jacket which was inside the car. If at the end of this operation my fit wasn't stained with blood, I'd just put on my jacket and head for the school, if not I had extra clothes I could change into.

"Leave it to Ace to dress so formal for something like this." Scarlet said with a smirk.

I chuckled and got into the passenger's seat of the car and everyone else got in after me.

OLIVIA

Prom, a day I had been waiting for, for a long time now was finally here.

Diego and Romeo stayed around until it was confirmed that I was okay in every way. No matter how hard I tried to make Ace and Alex tell me what exactly was going on I couldn't get anything from them. All they told me was I should focus on getting better and in due time all my questions will be answered.

After I had gone back to school, my friends had come up to me to talk to me and they were still angry with me because they never for one day brought the topic of Ace up. Even when I tried to bring it up, they found a way to flag me down.

After two days of them being around me, they disappeared again, ignoring my existence. I knew they only spoke to me those two days because they still cared about me. After a day of trying to get them to talk to me, I gave up and decided to leave them alone. If they wanted to be alone, I'd leave them.

When mum and dad heard what happened, they got back to North Wind as fast as possible. They nearly went crazy, mum especially, dad banned me from using my bike forever and my car for two weeks. They were driving me to and from school for those two weeks.

I had to lie to mum and dad that I actually went to the hospital but when it was okay for me to come home, the doctors had let me go.

When they had heard they called Luke to come over to check on me but I convinced all of them that I was okay because Ace and Alex were with me. It took a lot of convincing but it worked, Luke just called me up to five times a day.