Nineteen

I rolled to the side and groaned

I rolled to the side and groaned. Slapping my hand on my night stand, I found my phone but before I could answer it the ringing stopped.

I was in my room but how did I get here?

I was still wearing the clothes I wore to school and all I remembered was the whole thing with Ace, the drive and going to the club and taking a few shots and that was it, I didn't remember anything else.

My head was pounding and I touched my forehead as if that would stop the throbbing.

I heard a light thud on my window making my gaze shift to it. I heard another thud and I stood up, rolling the sheets off of me.

I groaned again when the pad of my feet hit the wooded floor. Dragging myself to the window, I pulled my curtains to the side. It took the squinting of my eyes for me to see who it was.

Callum was standing there, a small stone in his hand obviously ready to throw it at my window. I opened the window and stepped aside for him to climb in.

A moment after he was standing in front of me. "What happened to you? We've been worried."

I rolled my eyes which of course caused the pounding in my head to increase. I winced, "what are you doing here?"

"Didn't you hear me? I said we were worried, where did you go all day?" He raised his voice but honestly I didn't have the strength to tell him to keep his voice down.

"Somewhere," I said sitting on my bed and unlocking my phone.

Sure enough I had messages from almost everyone, Chloe, Jane, the Sterling's and even Eli. They were all the same messages. 'where are you?' 'are you okay?' 'call me back'

I tossed my phone to the side and looked up at Callum. He was looking at me in a weird way.

"You're not going to tell me are you?" His voice dropped.

"No," I was being completely sincere.

"If I was your boyfriend would you tell me?" He sat beside me.

I thought about it. If I had a boyfriend, then I wouldn't be thinking of Ace the way I was. And even if I was, it wouldn't be nice to tell my boyfriend that I was thinking of another guy when he was around.

It would be crazy. How would I even tell him?

'Hey babe so I was thinking about fucking another guy that isn't you.'?

He'll probably yell and eat my head off before warning Ace to stay the hell away from me. And if that boyfriend was Callum, he'd find a way to get Ace out of North Wind High just so I wouldn't see him enough to harbor such thoughts again.

But maybe if I dated Callum, I'd get over the fact that I wanted to fuck Ace. Or maybe just having Callum around me all the time because whatever was going on that was turning me to a fool needed to stop. I couldn't afford to feel anything for Ace, my reputation and everything I'd done to stay at the top was all going to go away and I was not having that, not on my watch.