Forty Four

ACE

ACE

It'd been ten minutes and I was already bored out of my mind. I couldn't imagine having to seat through this event all night long and not feel the urge to doze off.

That was why I have a second plan for if it did get boring here and it just happened that way. I was taking Olivia and we were getting out of here.

Being in a family like mine created a lot of connection with various people and with just one word, you would have your request fulfilled.

I hired a car for tonight and I was going to drag Olivia out of here soon enough, I just had to meet with a few people.

Olivia has been looking at me all night long, obviously she was confused as to why I was talking to so many people when apparently this wasn't my circle of people. Though she knew I was not from a poor or middle class background but for the sake of not making so much noise, I should be staying low-key.

Well that was why we were wearing masks and no one could recognize me except those I was here to talk to.

At first I was happy to be here just for Olivia but after Dimitri informed me of some businesses I had to handle I knew I had to be here. The people involved in the business I had to handle were all here today so might as well kill two birds with one stone.

Someone climbed on the stage followed by the applause of the audience as people began to take their designated seats.

I was done talking to everyone I needed to talk to so while the speeches were made, I planned to drag Olivia out of there.

I could see Olivia was bored already as I made my way towards our table. Luckily on our table it was just Luke, his date who I think was called Jennifer, Olivia and I that were on it. I was not exactly ready to meet her parents again, not now at least.

Olivia agreed with me because she'd been avoiding her parents, her mother especially, all night long. I knew her mum and everyone else was curious to know who I was but I was sure she had a very good idea already. Her vivid memory should serve her well.

The only reason she'd ask Olivia about me being her boyfriend would be to tell her to break up with me. When Olivia agreed within herself about something, to change her mind would be nearly impossible so her mother's words would only be futile.

I zoned out completely through all the speeches, Olivia's hand in mine was the only thing regularly bringing me back to reality just before I zoned right out again.

After the fourth speech I decided we'd had enough. There was probably be two or three more speeches before they went back to partying and chatting amongst themselves and by then it'd be hard to leave because this time I was sure Olivia's mum would have her eyes trained on us.

I leaned into Olivia and whispered. "Wanna get out of here?"

OLIVIA