Fifteen

The next morning I was moody

The next morning I was moody. Not because I woke up moody but the moment I got to the kitchen and saw my mum and dad seated on both ends of the kitchen island my mood dampened.

Dad was still in his pajamas, a newspaper in hand with a cup of coffee in front of him while mum was dressed for work with her Kindle reader in her hand and a cup of coffee in front of her too.

"Morning," I greeted while taking out the cereal and a bowl.

"Morning," both of them replied at the same time.

I rolled my eyes. I still didn't understand why they had to separate. They were so in love with each other that sometimes I got jealous. Yes they fought a lot but they always sorted it out hours after.

For dad to agree to divorce mum, whatever happened during that trip must have been really horrible.

I quickly ate my cereal and when I was done Luke walked into the kitchen.

"Morning," he greeted and mum and dad replied. "Liv I need your car today."

"What happened to your car?" I quickly washed my bowl.

"I didn't come with it last night so please I need your car. I promise I'll drop you at school and come pick you up when you're done." He pleaded.

"Fine, but be careful with it," I agreed and took my bag. "I'm ready to go now."

We both walked out after saying bye to our parents. Luke drove and as promised he dropped me off at school before turning around and heading to wherever he was going to.

"Hey Liv was that Luke?" Chloe asked as I got to where she parked her car.

"Yeah he got back last night," I leaned on her car.

"Hey sweetheart," Callum said as he pulled me in for a hug before kissing me.

"Hey," I forced a smile for him.

I wasn't ready to tell my friends that my parents were getting a divorce plus I didn't want to think about it right now.

The first bell went off and we all filed into school, going our ways to class.

During Calculus Mr. Anderson paired Ace and I to do some work together and this time around I didn't complain.

"What's wrong?" He asked when we were halfway done with our work.

"Nothing," I shook my head and focused on what we were doing.

"You sure? You've been moody all morning," he pointed out.

"Aren't I always moody?"

"Well not like this."

Not even my friends had noticed my moodiness maybe because I hid it well but Ace did and I swear I felt something in the pit of my stomach.