Ten

When Monday rolled in, I found myself anticipating Wednesday so I could get to talk to Ace

When Monday rolled in, I found myself anticipating Wednesday so I could get to talk to Ace. Even though we went to the same school and had classes together, we didn't talk in school because like he said, 'it's not good for my reputation." It really wasn't.

On Tuesday, he didn't show up in school and I found myself getting worried. It was then that I regretted not getting his number. I did my best in keeping him out of my head but it was inevitable.

On Wednesday morning I found myself looking out for him in the hallway but no luck. When he didn't show in Calculus, I fought the urge to hop on my bike and go over to his house just to be sure he was fine.

I dragged myself to lunch and plopped down on the seat beside Cal. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me to him, planting a kiss on my cheek.

I forced a smile so no one would ask me what was wrong. I didn't want to tell them that I was worried that some nerdy weird guy was not in school. Not that I'd ever actually tell them but I could imagine what the looks on their faces would be if I actually told them that. They'd either think I was high on something or I had just gone crazy.

Why was I even worried?

Maybe it was because I didn't want to fail Calculus and he was my only hope of passing right now? I'd stick to that.

When I got tired of sitting down in the cafeteria and the noise around me was starting to give me a headache, I slung my backpack over my shoulders and told my friends that I'd see them later.

I didn't wait for a response from them before walking away and towards the back of the school building. I needed a smoke.

I rested my weight on the brick wall and propped my leg on it, reaching into my backpack to take out a stick and my lighter. Placing the stick between my lips I adjusted my bag and proceeded to light my cigarette.

A movement from the corner of my eye caught my attention and I stopped short. I could hear voices, though incoherent, it sounded like the person was furious. The corner around was blocking me from seeing the person.

I followed the voice and stopped at the corner not wanting to be seen, I stretched my neck and gasped when I saw it was Ace. At least he was fine but he looked pissed.

His black hair was in a mess, and his hand only made it worse as he tugged at it. He was wearing black jeans and a plain white T-shirt, it was almost transparent and it didn't hide the fact that his chest and arms were adorned with tattoos.

Thinking about it, this was the first time I was seeing him in short sleeves and I understood why. He always wore long sleeved shirts, a jacket or a sweater and to hide all his tattoos.

His muscles for the first time were in display, proving my theory that he did work out. He was pure muscle.

"Fuck," he cussed and stretched the distance between us, heading for a black car parked in the driveway a bit far down. I'd never heard him swear before so that was definitely a shocker.