Fifty One

It'd been practice after practice and there had been no time for myself

It'd been practice after practice and there had been no time for myself. My coach had been trying not to stress me but I definitely wouldn't have it, I was fine and capable of running without passing out.

I'd been keeping to regular check up's and though Diego still advised that I stayed off physical exercise as much as I could I was too stubborn to actually listen to him. I couldn't stay home all day, doing nothing. That was not how Olivia Thorne worked.

I was walking back into the locker room to change when I sighted Eli walking towards me. He sent me a wave and I stopped walking, smiling a bit.

He crushed me in a hug the moment he was inches away from me.

I laughed and hugged him back. "Eli you know that you are crushing me right?" I said with a little difficulty.

"I know, you won't die," He only crushed me tighter.

"Eli," I gasped just as he pulled away.

The grin on his face was so wide. "I've missed you." He pinched my cheeks causing me to swat his hand away.

"Eli!" I yelled causing him to laugh even more.

"How are you?" He held my face, his hand slowly moving to the back of my head, specifically to the spot that had a bandage over it for a while.

"I'm fine," I smiled genuinely at him "Thanks for the concern, Ace told me."

"What are friends for?" He dropped his hand then tucked them into the pocket of his jeans.

"How has the gang been?" I leaned on the nearest wall, propping one leg up.

"We honestly need you back on the tracks." He ran his free hand through his hair, obviously frustrated. "Sean is good, but not as good as you."

"So you guys do need me?" I smirked, actually needing to hear him say those words.

"Yes we need you." Another voice said just as Eli had opened his mouth to speak.

Eli and I turned our heads to the direction of the voice and I wasn't surprised when I saw Sean. Eli straightened himself and fear flashed in his eyes for a split second.

"Long time no see Olivia, I hope you're feeling better now." He said to me as he got closer to us.

"I am, thank you." I nodded and dropped my leg from the wall.

"I'd like to re-hire you to work for the gang." His face held sincerity and desperation, they really needed me in the gang.

"I will, only if-" I paused before speaking again. "You increase my pay."

"And until we find whoever was in charge of the bombing. "A new but familiar voice added. Ace.

Sean stuck out his hand, waiting for me to shake it. I waited to see if Ace would stop me from shaking his hand but when he didn't, I firmly placed my petite hand in his and shook.

"Deal," Sean said.

"Deal," I agreed and pulled my hand away.

"I'll see you around Olivia," he said to me before sending a nod to Ace and walking away.

"I'll call you," Eli said and excused himself.

After they were both out of sight, I turned to Ace. "What exactly are you doing here?"

"Looking out for you," he leaned in and pressed a kiss to my lips. "I'll be in the car."

I wanted to speak but I held my tongue and turned towards the locker room just as I heard the spank before I even felt his hand on my ass.

"Ace!" I glared at him but he already had his back to me, walking away.

I heard him chuckle and I made a mental note to get back at him.

I reached under the table and took Ace's hand in mine as I noticed my friends walk into the café

I reached under the table and took Ace's hand in mine as I noticed my friends walk into the café. Having friends was amazing but having your friends not like your boyfriend was another thing, I hated having to pick a side. I was just so happy that both parties have agreed to meet and come to a mutual ground. Though we'd be graduating soon enough and they wouldn't be around each other but for future's sake, they had to learn to not hate each other.

For Chloe and Jane, it may be easier, but with Callum, it was definitely going to be a though one and I understood his beef, I wouldn't like to be around anyone that dated Ace instead of me.

"Liv" Chloe grinned as all five of them took the empty seats on the table.

"Hey Chlo," I grinned back, happy to see her reaction, I was expecting worse.

After greeting all five of them I cleared my throat. "So guys, meet Ace Matteo, my boyfriend, Ace meet Chloe, Jane, Callum, Mark and Matthew, who you already know, they're my best friends." I did a proper introduction, beyond happy to call Ace my 'boyfriend' in front of my friends.

"Nice to meet you, Ace," Chloe, Jane, Mark and Matthew greeted Ace warm with smiles on their faces. Callum frowned but shook the hand that Ace was offering him. The tension in the air was so thick for a knife to slice through.

"So Ace I don't think we need to give you the pep talk because I trust Luke has done that but if you hurt Olivia, I will personally kill you." Chloe threatened causing Ace to chuckle.

"Noted." Ace nodded.

"We will all kill you," Callum said with a little too much seriousness.

Silence followed,

"So," Jane filled the silence. "Why the states?"

Ace shrugged. "Change?"

"So your whole family moved all the way from..."

Chloe trailed off, waiting for Ace to fill up the gap.

"Italy." Ace filled in.

"Your whole family moved from Italy to California for change?" For someone who doesn't know the whole story, it actually didn't make any sense.

"Not my whole family, just my brother and I." Ace corrected.

"You have an elder brother?" Chloe smirked and leaned in. we all knew what was coming next. "Is he as hot as you?"

"Chloe," Jane smacked the back of her head causing all of us to laugh, even Callum who did his best to keep a straight face.

"What?" Chloe asked in her defense.

I was not surprised though, as long as you were hot, Chloe didn't mind fucking you.

The rest of the time with my friends and Ace went well and I couldn't behappier.