Eight

The past week was good to say the least

The past week was good to say the least. Ace returned to his normal self and stopped bothering me, blending in with the shadows. In the classes we shared together he wouldn't even look my way, ignoring my presence and I couldn't be happier.

I was slowly picking up on Calculus but it wasn't the best. My teacher had called me aside at the end of class one day and told me that I needed to get my grades back up.

That day I swear I wanted to ask for Ace's help but I changed my mind, determined to do this by myself.

Cal and I still remained the same, though we had been hanging out more often and he stayed over at my house twice already.

I think one of the reasons why we stayed closer to each other was because we were alike in so many ways. Our parents were never home and we lived life as it threw itself at us. It was nice to know that I was not the only miserable person out there.

I had no races throughout the week and it didn't look like I'd be having one anytime soon. This week had been the definition of boring and I was so glad it was Friday.

My coach had called me to her office just before practice so I sat there in my sport gear, shorts with tights that hugged my skin underneath and grey sports bra, my sneakers tied perfectly on my feet, ready once again for the tracks.

"You've been behind a lot lately Olivia, coming for practice late and not to mention your teacher tells me that you're behind in Calculus. This is unlike you Olivia, what is going on?"

I sighed. This was one of the reasons I had to stay at the top in all my classes, if not I'd be kicked out of the team and with the looks of it I really needed that calculus lesson from Ace.

"I've just been distracted, I'll sit up ma'am." One of the things I loved more than anything was running, it made me feel alive and it was my escape from reality so I'd do my best to keep at it.

"I'm expecting more from you Olivia," Coach said with a head nod and I took that as my cue to leave. "Run some laps around the field, I'll join you guys soon." She instructed and I nodded, walking out of her office.

When I got to the tracks, the girls were hurdled up in groups talking, they all gathered around when they saw me coming, I guess that was a perk of being captain.

"Laps," I clapped my hands and everyone got to action, our feet's moving at a moderate speed as we jogged around the track.

We were getting to the third lap before our coach came and the real training started.