Thirty

I was slowly convincing myself that I had feelings for Ace. Throughout today in school we kept stealing glances at each other in our classes and in the hallways.

He would smile and I would smile back or it'll be other way round. In Chemistry he sent me a silly note about the girl that was in front of us and how he thought her glasses was too big for her face.

I laughed but sent him back a note telling him to quit it and that that was probably how people in the class also said awful things about him.

That didn't stop him instead he went on to talking about how big our teachers stomach was. I tore the paper to shreds the moment I saw it, not wanting to get in trouble.

After Chemistry on the way out of the class our hands brushed and I felt tingles run through my body. My cheeks heated up and I used my hair to cover my face.

At the end of the day I stopped at my locker to get my homework, Ace was standing by his locker obviously getting something from it too.

My phone beeped in my pocket and it was a text from Luke telling me that he was coming over today. I smiled and pocketed the phone back, getting excited for his return.

My birthday was tomorrow and unlike usual I wasn't really hyped up for it but Luke coming had somehow lifted up my spirit. Maybe I'd have fun.

Closing my locker, I hung my bag over my shoulder and began to walk out of the school. At this point no one was in the halls except Ace and I.

When I got to his locker he closed it and turned to me, hanging his bag on his shoulder like I just did.

"Hey," I smiled up at him.

"Hey," he smiled back and we began to walk out of the school together.

There was something that being around Ace did to me. I felt freer, alive even and I didn't feel that way like that when I was around anyone else.

I felt his fingers touch mine and without thinking I reached for his hand and interlocked our hands. He squeezed my hand gently and I squeezed back, looking up at him a small smile on my face and my cheeks heated up once again.

I could see the small tint of pink on his cheeks as he tilted his head slightly to look at me, his blue eyes sparkling.