Fifty Three

The cap and gown wasn't really my scene but it was a day that I had been waiting for, for so long now so even if it meant wearing a cap and a gown for a few hours, then I'd do it

The cap and gown wasn't really my scene but it was a day that I had been waiting for, for so long now so even if it meant wearing a cap and a gown for a few hours, then I'd do it. Today was graduation and we were all dressed for the occasion.

My gown was black. It took the begging of both my parents before I agreed to wear a dress. I only agreed because they had somehow convinced Ace to beg me. But my condition to wearing a dress was that it had to be black and they had no other choice.

It had only been a few minutes of taking pictures and I was already tired. I just wanted to get this event done with so I could go home to finish up my packing then head to Callum's house for the party.

Callum decided to host a graduation party for all of us. It was our last party as high school students so I was not missing it for anything. My flight to Los Angeles is tomorrow afternoon and I was sure I would be hung over by the morning and wouldn't have the time to finish up my packing.

Most of my friends would be traveling for the summer. Callum and the Sterling's would be visiting their various universities just like I intended to do and they were staying longer than I planned to. We all planned to be around two weeks before the end of summer, the plan wasn't fully in place but we were getting there.

The events of the day happened fast and soon enough I was at home and stuffing the last of my things into my suitcase. My plan was a week but you could never know what could happen, I may stay longer. I rather be over prepared than under prepared.

I heard a knock on my door just as I was zipping my suitcase. "Come in," I answered and stood up straighter, successfully zipping up the bag.

"Are you ready?" I felt his hand on my arm as he stood behind me.

I nodded, "yeah."

This was the first party hosted by any of my friends that Ace would be going to and we were going as a couple.

I quickly slipped on my boots before walking out of the house with Ace behind me.

"Have fun!" Mum called just before Ace closed the door.

"Be back before twelve!" I heard Luke say.

I rolled my eyes at his comment. It wasn't like I hadn't been out later than twelve before.

By the time we got to the party, the house was already filled up with people so Ace and I made our way to the basement where I was sure all my friends were.

Jane waved towards me as we took the last step on the stairs, she being the first to notice us. They were all seated in a circle and only one chair was left empty so Ace sat and I made myself comfortable on his laps. His arm circled my waist and he unconsciously brought us closer.

"I will never get used to this sight," Chloe commented as she handed me two cups filled with a cold drink before taking her seat beside Callum.

"You have to," I gave the second cup to Ace then sniffed my drink.