Six

"Hey Liv, how are you holding up?" My dad asked as soon as I picked the call

"I'm fine dad, you should know me by now, I'm capable of taking care of myself," I said.

My dad can be very protective especially when he's out of town and now that he's away for a month I can see he's already worried.

"Are you sure? Do you need me to get Luke to come stay with you for a while?" I just knew he would mention Luke.

"Dad, really I'm fine, I don't need a baby sitter. I'm almost eighteen," I whined.

"Alright, alright if you say so," I heard him chuckle. "Your mum and I miss you."

"I'm missing you guys too. How's mum?"

"She's fine, really busy."

"Say hi for me."

"Will do. I've got to go sweetie but I'll call you later okay, take care of yourself." I said goodbye and he hung up.

As if on cue I heard the familiar roar of Eli's engine getting closer. When his car came to a halt in front of me I leaned on the passenger's door and waited for him to bring out the file.

Today was Friday, another day that I'd be racing so I had to come get the file like usual.

A cigarette was hanging on his lips so I stretched my hand towards it and took it from his lips placing it on mine and taking a drag.

After handing me the file, he snatched his stick back and drove off. I laughed and hoped on my bike, not even bothering to open the file; I was going to wait till I got home.

When I got home I ordered pizza and sat on the couch, stretching my legs on the coffee table. I took out a cigarette and lit it. Balancing the stick on my lips, I opened the file.

This was once again a new racer, his name was Raven and he was just some guy, not involved in any gang.

Done with it I took out my phone and began to scroll through Instagram and five minutes after a doorbell had me standing up.

I was kind of disappointed when I saw it wasn't Ace who came to deliver the pizza. I don't know why but I was disappointed. I paid for it and closed the door behind me.

After eating and binge watching an entire season of Merlin, I realized that time had gone and Jane and Chloe would be coming over soon to help me get ready for the party.

I actually love Merlin, it's a classic and it's really interesting. When I tell people I watch Merlin for fun they give me weird looks so I don't sat it out loud.

It's completely unnecessary for Jane and Chloe to 'help me dress up' but I guess there's something about getting dressed for a party in groups.

I cleared the living room and went upstairs to take a shower, I'm pretty sure I reek of smoke right now. After showering, I was still in my towel when I heard my door bell.