Sixty

My body was awake even before my mind was so after I had woken up; I still laid in bed with my eyes fixed on the ceiling

My body was awake even before my mind was so after I had woken up; I still laid in bed with my eyes fixed on the ceiling. I could hear people moving all around, their voices were slowly getting louder and louder and after some time, I couldn't take it anymore. I got up from the bed and changed my shorts to sweats, brushed my teeth, splashed water on my face and put my hair up in a messy bun.

Before twisting the door knob, I took in a deep breath and slowly let it out.

I was just about to meet the mafia downstairs; no one had to tell me that. I was nervous I wouldn't lie but my only consolation was that I knew they wouldn't harm me, after all I was now a part of their family.

As I opened the door, the noise increased. With my heart racing I made my way downstairs. I had to dig into my memory of yesterday to be able to find my way downstairs. All the way down, I only met two men who I quickly recognized as guards. Both of them gave me a nod and a quick "good morning ma'am" as they walked past me. I gave them a quick greeting too and continued on my way.

It looked like everyone already knew who I was and that brought one question; was I really safe?

It was news like the arrival of a new heir that usually caused a fight between two mafias. The thought that I was a potential target made my blood run cold. What had I gotten myself into?

The noise got louder and I knew that I was now close to the living room. I had met a few people on the way and we exchanged quick greetings. I recognized his voice first as I stood close to the living room, about to step in.

"Donna, stop that." He said.

I remembered him telling me about Donna, she was his younger sister, the youngest and she was seven or eight, I was not really sure.

For the moment that I stood and listened to them chatter, it tugged at my heart, this was the real definition of family.

"Olivia, you're up!" An unknown voice pulled me out of my thoughts.

I looked up and found a woman I didn't know but I could easily recognize her as one of Ace's siblings. If I was right, she was Allegra, the first daughter. I looked at her left hand and I found what I was looking for; an engagement ring. Yep, she was Allegra.

"Hi," She had a warm smile. "I'm Allegra, welcome home." She moved out of the way and gestured to the living room. "Come on."

I followed her into the living room and as we stepped in, everyone went silent. I could now see all of them and I swear I didn't need much introductions. From the descriptions Ace had given me about all seven of them, I could tell who was who.

They all introduced themselves and it turned out that I was right. When it got to the last person which was Donna, she did the last thing I was expecting. She turned to Ace who was seated beside her and from behind him he brought out a single rose which he gave to her. She took it and made her way to me. I had to bend a little due to the fact that she was shorter than me.