Twenty Three

The next week was a blur

The next week was a blur. The usual routine, go to school, fuck Callum, eat, study, sleep and, repeat.

The second week I missed school the days I didn't have a test. My parents still hadn't come home despite the festive season coming down on us. I was sure that was why Luke didn't come home too.

At the third week I didn't know who I was anymore. When we were told to go home for the Christmas break, I found myself drunk most mornings. The house was littered with takeout boxes and empty bottles of wine.

A few days to Christmas my parents called to tell me they wouldn't be home for Christmas and New Year but they would send our gifts in time. Luke sent me a text, a fucking text to tell me that he wouldn't be coming so like Thanksgiving, I was alone.

On Christmas Eve I didn't know what came over me but I stood up from my place on the couch, cleaned the house, stripped off my clothes I had been wearing for days and got into the shower.

After the shower I changed to my usual black clothes but this time with a hoodie, a jacket and a coat with gloves.

I warmed my gloves and slipped them on before taking my keys off the coffee table and stepping out of the house. I hadn't been out of the house in a week so the front porch was already covered in snow.

I made a mental note to clean it up when I got back. The front lawn of people's houses were covered in Christmas decorations which in turn were also covered in snow.

The wind picked up causing me to shiver and draw my coat closer to my body. Rushing to my car I got in and slammed the door shut, starting the car and turning up the heater.

Once I was warmed up enough I put the car in motion and started driving. I had no idea where I was driving to but once I got there I'd find out.

I kept driving till I got downtown and stopped at a restaurant. I had never been there but I'd heard about it. It had the best Lasagna they said.

Stepping in the warmth of the place made me relax. There weren't much people here and the soft music in the background gave this place a kind of homey feeling.

Taking a seat at a table I took off my coat and placed it on the seat beside me, it was a table for four.

Scanning the menu I was lost. I could understand the menu because most of the dishes were Italian seeing as it was an Italian restaurant but what got me lost were the dishes. I'd never heard of those dishes before and the names were kind of funny.

"Olivia?" I heard a familiar voice say and I looked up.

"Alex? You work here?" I noticed his work uniform.

"Yeah, what brings you here alone," he sat on the seat opposite me.

Thinking well I remembered Eli and Ace telling me that Alex worked there. I didn't know why I didn't remember.