A Chance for Happiness

It had been about a day in Beast’s estate. It was pretty boring for the most part. All you could do was stare at the snow outside and wonder how long you would be stuck in this enormous prison. 

For the most part you had minimum contact with Beast. Although you wish you knew more of him, there was nothing for you to do. In all honesty you were scared to come near him, not because he was a half-blood but because he seemed to not want anything to do with  you.  Or humans in general. 

In truth you wanted to come near him. You wanted to know who this said “beast of burden” was. How he had gotten in the hands of such cowards like the Fains? And in full truth the second you saw his eyes, his more animal-like features, you were captivated.

The entire day you would explore the prison. For a cage for a half- blood it was rather nice. It was almost like a palace. But what good is a palace when you’re forced to be inside? You thought.  It had spacious rooms, nice bathrooms, a beautiful kitchen and your favorite part, a massive enchanting library. 

Books were one of the only sources of entertainment around that you genuinely enjoyed (haha see what I did there). There was something for every occasion sitting in a book. Knowledge, romance, comedy, drama, legends and so many other stuff. Even if on occasions it was boring to just stare at words for hours, it was better than just sitting around, waiting for Daz to show mercy upon you.

But in truth the reason you loved reading books so much was because they gave you something to think about rather than to be lost in your own thoughts. The past was something scary that you did not wish to relive. However, in situations where there is nothing else to do you find yourself thinking of the past, that’s why you always keep yourself occupied. If your brain was set on only one thing, then it couldn’t think of the past.

But your brain always had it’s ways to tourtre you. Consciously or subconsciously. And unfortunately for you, it would remind you exactly of what you wanted to forget. Or rather who. 

 But no, you wouldn’t let your brain have fun. Not at the moment. 

You looked at the clock. Just what you needed, a distraction. It was time for dinner, and you were rather excited as to who you were having it with. You didn’t care that it was probably gonna be something “fit for a beast, at least it was food. 

You tried to find your way to the dining area, but got lost more times then you would like to admit. It’s because it’s my first day here, soon enough I’ll know this place like the back of my hand. You thought. Soon you found your way and sure enough Beast was there.

“Ah, Rebel. Had a nice day I suppose. You looked.. entertained for lack of a better word.” he said, not really looking up from his tea cup.

“Yes? I was? Were you watching me? Like all day?” You asked with a skeptical look.

“Yes. I had a close eye on you. Bookworm much? Well either way I’m  glad you have a way to entertain yourself in this shit hole. Here,” he passed you a plate with food. 

Clearly he had to split what he had in half, and as unappetizing as this was compared to what you ate in Queens Garden, you were still grateful he even shared his things of what he got, even if he did have so little.

“So tell me more of yourself. What?” He stared back at your glare.

Just what you needed someone asking of your past.

“Well what do you want to know? My family life? My past? My love life?” you asked sarcastically, yet a smirk graced your face.

“Well let’s start with how you got to Queens Garden.”