71.The Father, The King

Next morning, Rin woke up alone. Confused, he sat up and looked around Nayna's room for any sign of her but there was none. He got up and walked over to the spiral staircase, making a few steps down, to take a look into her library but that too was empty.

"Rin-chan! Nayna-chan! Breakfast is ready!" Came Nagisa's voice as the blonde opened the door to their room only to see Rin come up."Rin-chan, where is Nayna-chan?"

"Don't know... She probably went down already." Sighed Rin.

After he changed, he followed the others down to the dining area where the table was already set for them.

"Good morning. Breakfast is ready." Said Rain shyly, bowing to them before she left the room.

As everyone sat at the table and started filling their plates, Rin's eyes scanned around the room before he sat down too.

"Something wrong?" Asked Sousuke, sitting beside him.

"No..." Muttered Rin looking at him before his eyes traveled to his other side, at the empty chair.

Sousuke noticed Rin's look but chose not to press the mater.

After breakfast, as they left the dining room, they saw Kiki coming down the stairs.

"Good morning, everyone. I hope you had a good sleep in our...humble home." She said with a smile.

"Very. Thank you." Nodded Makoto.

Kiki looked at him before her eyes quickly noticed Rin's bothered look.

"If you're wondering where Nine is, she's in the back doing her training." She said, answering Rin's unspoken question.

His head snapped up, locking eyes with the brunette.

"You've never seen her doing what she was born to do, did you?" Grinned Kiki before she motioned for them to follow her as she made her way towards the large glass back door, sliding it open and letting the others come out too.

They all gasped in awe at the backyard. A large pound to the size of a pool glistening in the center as rocks have been arranged around it with a stone table and chairs close by.

"This place is amazing!" Beamed Nagisa.

Suddenly some noises to their left caught their attention.

Looking over, they saw Nayna on some stone pillars, wind blowing through her long white hair as she stood motionless for a moment before she suddenly jumped from her spot as a stone spear flew through the air, passing the spot she was initially, the girl gracefully landing on another pillar only to jump again as another came, this time catching the spear midair, throwing it back before she landed again only to see above her a rain of icy darts approaching.

She raised her arms a bit away from her body, as around her fingers appeared reddish translucent disks, spinning around her fingers. She raised her hands as the rain fell upon her but she managed to protect herself from the sharp projectiles, cutting them.

"W-what is happening?" Gasped Makoto worried.

"It's strangely... Beautiful..." Mumbled Rei.

"Nayna-chan sure is amazing!" Said Nagisa in awe.

Though, Kiki ignored most of their comments. She looked at Rin intently, observing his reaction but he kept quiet, just looking at his girlfriend, a strange glint in his eyes.

As Nayna seemed to finish and jump back on the ground with a sigh, they heard footsteps approaching.

"Mind a real adversary?" Came her father's voice, the man approaching her with a smirk.