Mystery

"Another beautiful day in the heart of the hospital." Waan sung blissfully as she entered work by Sol's side who as usual looked like she had just been woken up by ghosts.

"I still have 2 bodies I need to keep analysing again today," Sol whined wondering what was going through her head when she decided that she wanted to become a Forensic Pathologist. She had always wanted to be one but sometimes she just didn't have the mental capacity and patience and staying up late playing genshin definitely had not helped wonders in the case either.

"Are these still those bodies from the crime scene?" Waan questioned as they signed in.

"Yeah, apparently the families want to know as much as they can about what happened and what we can find out from the state their bodies are in as the cause and what happened is still unknown." She explained trying to remember where she had left her work the night before.

"That was a pretty big disaster." Waan sighed remembering what had been shown from the little digital pieces of evidence there were.

"Yeah I know I mean it wasn't just the fact it hit the news it's about how they had survived the car blowing up once somehow and then once the police arrived it blew up again being the last trigger for them to finally take their last breath. Thankfully no one else was hurt but it's just weird at everything that happened. Like was it a bomb or what cause they weren't able to find anything that could blow up." She ranted to Waan trying to figure it out by speaking hoping that it would make sense being said and not just in her lingering thoughts however it was clear that it was not the case and nothing did add up.

"Well, I've got two surgeries and just admin work so we've both got our work cut out as usual," Waan said throwing her hand onto Sol's shoulder as they started to reach their destination point before taking other paths.

"Good luck I'll see you tonight." Sol smiled as they both headed in opposite directions to their work department where they would be spending another long tiring day working.

It wasn't long before Sol reached the winding stairs that led down to where she studied the bodies. Due to them being dead bodies they had to be kept in a separate place well away from patient finding. The stairs were concrete and were always cold even in the summer however where she worked was surprisingly light from the few windows they had to let in the fresh air.

"Morning Sol." DB greeted as they walked past. Blossom was her co-worker who helped and also studied on other bodies however the name Blossom always felt somewhat odd and very wrong especially for what they did which earned her the joking nickname "DB" meaning Dead Blossom. She was never bothered by it and understand, I mean the name was created in a joke so she never took offence to it but actually found it quite funny.

DB was quite a tall woman with long dark hair that was always tied up in a bun to keep out the way. She had come from a tall family so when she first started work the men, who had thought they were tall, seemed very intimidated by however as time went on they soon found she was actually a very kind woman who hated being tall as she was always bumping into things forgetting there that are a lot smaller than her.

"Oh also I don't know if you heard but there has been more news from the police so before you start analysing you might want to check up on that." She advised presenting a smile to Sol as she always did before continuing her trance up the stairs.

"Oh alright, thanks see you later," Sol called back almost bashing into the door forgetting how close the door was from the last step.

"I heard there's been an update, what's new ?" She asked as she walked to her station putting her bag down before heading over to Ton who was working on the other body involved in the accident, looking over the files and reports that had been sent over.

"They've still got the car despite it having no relevance much anymore but they're talking about a potential bomb being hidden in there somewhere as all the car parts were only damaged from fire and weren't from them exploding or being the explosion that sent everything in flames." Ton explained sensing Sol's presence beside him reviewing the papers as well.

"Are there not bombs that can disintegrate after exploding so there's no evidence, couldn't that have happened?" She questioned picking one of the pictures up that had been taken to have a closer view.

"Yeah probably but as far as I know you can't get them in this country and I can't imagine them being able to get in the country without getting caught, the security's too tight." He replied sighing tired of feeling like nothings moving on and they're just doing pointless work.

"I don't know I think that could be potentially what happened I mean surely it could be something to look into, hey we might even find some things in the bodies to prove it was more than just a fire explosion," Sol explained rambling on hopelessly to find an answer to such a controversial situation.

"What," Ton questioned raising his eyebrow not understanding what she had just said as surely if it disintegrated there wouldn't be anything to prove.

"I don't know it could be in the skin or something, oh come on let's just keep looking and see if we find anything." She exhaled grabbing her rope and gloves before entering the room where the burnt bodies lay.

"You know as stupid as your weird theory sounds you could call them and say that yes it sounds stupid but I mean it's something for them to double-check."

"True, you know what I'll call now or I'll forget." Sol says returning to the office before dialling the phone to give them a "hopeless update."

As she waited listening to the phone ring she couldn't help but notice the fact Ton's phone has started to blow up with messages that seemed to be demanding him to answer. However what confused her was the fact he was being called after by the name "Jun", she had never known him like that as on everything she had seen about him he was called Ton, was Jun his nickname?

Sol wasn't too worried she knew in her friend group she had a few very strange nicknames so thought it was just the same instance. I mean how wrong could she be?

"Sorry we are unable to take your call, please leave a message and we will respond as soon as we can." The phone said, Sol wasn't surprised, she had called the inspector that had been in charge of it all and he was a busy man it wasn't the first time he had missed one of their calls.

Without wasting any more time, Sol pondered back into the room where Ton was busy at work starting to dissect and put sections under the microscope to see what damage there was.

"You might want to check your phone, it's blowing up calling for you under the name Jun, I'm guessing it's your nickname or something I don't know it seemed urgent," Sol explained before putting her gloves back on, she hates gloves they made her hands sweaty which was always harder to work with however she was not about to work bare hand, especially when dealing with the dead.

"OH SHIT," Tom shouted quickly and carefully placing everything down before rushing out of the room into the office where his phone was indeed blowing up. Oh, fuck what's happened now? He thought. They never bothered him at work so when they did it was urgent.

"Is everything oka..!" Sol began to ask beginning to feel slightly worried especially from the rapid reaction he had had at that statement she had made.

"Yes, everything's fine ignore me." He quickly cut her off. He was not about to have to explain his name "Jun" he couldn't anyway even to someone trustworthy like Sol, it was just not a risk worth taking especially not if anything entered the news in the future speculating around Hisoki again.

Sol started to wonder if she recognised the name? It seemed kinda similar but why couldn't she think? Then again when it came to names she was useless, she sort of lived under a rock she knew what she had to, anything or one else was irrelevant. She was sure if it was similar someone in the group would know.