death opens many doors

"It's actually a really beautiful day."' Emma commented to her mother looking out through the window at the beauty of the late morning sun reflecting on the small pond they had reflecting the light at the end of the garden.

"If we weren't so busy I would love to be able to spend a day out there relaxing not having to worry about anything else but unfortunately with dads work being so chaotic relaxing is simply out of the question." Her mother sighed putting everything away back in their original places in the kitchen.

"He hasn't spoken about it much do you think he's okay." She asks worriedly, for the past couple of weeks her dad had been awfully quiet especially when his work became a subject of conversation quickly changing, making the two women suspicious and most of all worried.

"With how he's acting who knows however a part of me is more worried about us." Amber, her mother, says leaning against the cold countertop with her arms holding up her weight to be more comfortable.

"When it comes to your father, his line of work can get very dangerous, he's already in trouble as his work is illegal but to our luck, it's so well hidden away only people involved in the industry know where it is, but working within the industry he's involved in comes with bigger risks, when they can't get through to your father they will go for the next best thing, and for him would be us." She explained warning her daughter of the harsh realities that she and her husband had protected her from for over 2 decades of her life.

"What will they want with us though?" She murmurs feeling a sudden lump in her throat form becoming more painful the longer her mother explained it all to her.

Amber didn't want to tell her all this now, she had originally planned to sit down with Eun, her husband, to explain everything however with this deep feeling she had it was better she said not to lose her time by waiting longer.

"We are the next best thing, if your father loves someone or thing they will take, kill or destroy it to finally get what they want." She hastily explained sighing heavily before looking at the clock to read midday.

"Wait so we have the potential to be killed?" Emma asks in shock inhaling a large amount of air as she did so.

"Yes, and I have a bad feeling and last time I had this we were invaded by them so stay on guard until I say." Her mother informs with a stern look to make sure her words were gilt taken in and understood even if Emma still was in still a state of shock.

"Alright, I'll keep an eye on -." She suddenly paused as a large sound travelled from the front door.

What was that? Was it them or was it just a coincidence? Her nerved began to fill, a knot in her stomach tightening as the loud knock repeated. They weren't expecting as far as she knew, no parcels were to arrive.

"I'll get it," Emma mumbles to her mum struggling to speak with the excruciating lump still in her throat sucking all the life out of it.

"NO YOU WONT." her mother demands, half yelling but not wanting to be loud in case they heard.

"I don't want to, this is all too suspicious and nerve-wracking but the way they are hitting that door they'll kick it down if they have to can't you see?" she pleads with her mother who looked as if tears would come flooding out of her pupils at any second.

"Fine, but I'm coming as well," Amber replies, soaking up her nervousness putting up a strong front wanting to get this over and done with. Even when they got parcels the deliverer would never knock like this, often hiding or leaving it on the doorstep.

By the time Amber had reached the midway through the lounge Emma had opened the door to reveal 5 imitating men looking down on her who looked like trouble or knew something they shouldn't.