CHAPTER 35

Eva

It has been almost four and a half hours that Zack is standing under this scorching sun, to get us a lift to at least reach upto the highway, so that we can take any paid cab from there. But here, getting a lift was a far secondary thought, as there was not a single sigh of a vehicle till now.

Earlier Zack suggested to walk so that we might cover some distance of this vacant road as much as possible, but I didn't thought it to be a very suitable idea and so I suggested otherwise. Which is to be with his car who will at least would pose us some shade under this burning sun.

Understanding my point and not actually being sure about how much distance we're gonna really cover and for 'God knows' after walking for how long, Zack went with my suggestion and decided to stay with the car. In a hope to get a lift soon.

For a fraction of a second a similar idea as Zack's struck my mind that, as it's now a broad day, we can walk up to any near by gas station, get some help from there, but I mentally jerked off the that stupid idea coz we both had no energy left for anymore drama. And more over, as far as I vaguely remember, I was not even sure if there was any gas station in this road.

Facing outwards I sat on the front passenger seat letting the door open wide. I was trying my best to get connected to someone over the call but just like last night, I ain't got any luck, while Zack stood two steps away from me, fixing his eyes on the road, hoping to spot at least one vehicle from afar.

He stood lifting his left hand up, hanging his coat on it to shield his face from the extreme rays of sun. It was the same coat which he gave me last night to cover me from cold and now which I had already taken off long back because of the rising temperature after reaching here.

 It was the same coat which he gave me last night to cover me from cold and now which I had already taken off long back because of the rising temperature after reaching here

" Zack, I'm telling you, let me stand there. And For how long you're going to be towering there? .... come, sit here for a while." I pleaded fixing my cellphone to my ear and feeling bad about he standing for so long.

For a few times I even went there and tried taking his spot ordering him to go sit for some time, while I look for any arriving ca. But instead of letting me do that, he grabbed my wrist dragging me back to his car, making me sit like a small girl.

" I'm fine. And I will not be able to sit until we get a lift. " he said still raising his hand up above his head while the shade of it covered only his face.

"We'll get lift even if you sit for a while." I tried to convince.

" Nope. I'm not gonna take chance, what if the car doesn't stop and we miss it ? And dont worry, I'm Okay here. " he assured me.

I sighed
" Fine ... , than at least drink some water here ??" forwarding him a water bottle which happened to be in this car.

" I'm not thirsty and that's the last sip. Save it for yourself." He said quickly glancing at the almost empty bottle than back to the far end of this road.