Chapter 12

Flow POV

"Paul" he almost dropped a flowerpot. "Oh uhhh Flow hey" he set it down. "How have you been" "well today could have gone better. I took the entrance exam today" I sat at the edge of the building. He sat with me. "I also died" he was surprised. "Then given family lore yada yada yada. None I think you should know about. But I basically have all the qualities of an immortal" I said and he was listening.

"But now I've found something that I know no one in my family at all like. In fact I don't know if they will view me the same way ever again" I leaned onto Paul's shoulder. "I won't be zzzzzz" I fell asleep leaning on him.

"Well sounds like one hell of a day. I guess I can tell you about mine tomorrow" was the last thing I heard.

Skip to the morning and it wasn't a dream. Paul was laying back snoring and I was in his lap. My stomach growled but I chose the sunlight today which made it stop almost immediately. 'Why is his lap so comfy' I then heard him waking up making me sit up straight. But he stretched and noticed I was awake. "It appears you don't get bed head" it seemed I never noticed. "I'm a little jealous but not by much. Man I need to cut my hair" I said fixing his hair. "Oh I guess I should explain why I was uhhh on your roof" I said please. "I was just floating around the city when I remembered you lived in this city. So, the search began for an old friend. I followed many road signs. Heck every sign ever. But this nice pink skin girl pointed the way and wanted me to give you this since it was so late" he gave me a rose-colored scarf.

"So that girl wasn't lying she does know how to sew" I said, and he asked me to finish. "I uhhh" I looked at the many dead vegetables in the greenhouse. "Paul, I know it's weird. But do you think I'm a good person" I asked, and he didn't know me when I was growing up. "I don't really know. I think you should ask your friends. I know I'm not. I mean this body definitely isn't mine" my eyes widened. "I was jumped the other day when I was solid. I turned into a ghost at the exact moment this man attacked me. Now I can't get out of his body. I can still use my ghost powers but I'm a permanent solid. I'm scared to go back home. I've been in Japan for five days and my parents are probably worried sick" I asked why he left home.

"I missed seeing humans. I'm not a monster. I don't turn to dust when I die and I and I have a soul that could be snatched. I think I have gotten to the age that I understand why the humans did" I asked him to please stop as I knew my parents just came out of the elevator and were watching. Mainly because I heard the ding.

"Paul I've discovered part of my magic that I don't think I was supposed to discover" as if on que Flowey joined the conversation. "This is Flowey" "Flowey the Flower" he finished. "Or my dad's other half. He says he's killed the same monsters you see around town millions of times over. But I think that this power of mine well ours technically can bring good" I said and he listened. "I think everything happens for a reason. I think mom got the monsters out of the underground because it was just time. I think dad got a soul because he did. Most importantly Paul" I turned to him. "What you did was an accident" he said thank you and hugged me and my parents just stared smiling proud.

"I still want to see the look and don't want to see the look on trashbags face when he sees me" he said and I was lifted off the ground making me freak out. "Careful now" Paul said, and he was flying me in the air. "How does it feel being off the ground" I was searching for a way to get on the ground because I guess that was the plant part of me but when we got to a good height, I saw that the city looked pretty. I relaxed.

"Not so bad huh" "I uhhh. Am speechless" I then noticed what looked like a bridge. "Thats where all the monsters decided to call home. I haven't met the one that literally created a land that humans and monsters can freely travel back and forth from, but I think it was a neutral idea. I have seen every monster fight except both Sans and Chara. They say they are the most powerful team there" I was placed back on the roof. "I think a visit now that you now have that is long overdue" he then floated into the air. "Thank you for the advice Flow. I think I'll go home" I saw him fall and I instantly ran to the edge to see him completely unharmed on the ground.

"Howdy" my dad said and I looked over yonder. "Hey dad, mom" they tilted their heads. "Paul said I should visit after you know I did almost died" I took a deep breath. "I think I have to prove myself to everyone that this idiot caused harm to that it's possible to be a hero even with bad magic" I said while sticking my tongue out. "But I think I'll take the long way" they were so confused. "I'll walk" I pressed the elevator button. "Wish us luck" I said and they felt the need to protect atmosphere around me even when Flowey came out. "Wish this monster luck" the door closed.