Chapter 16__ past, present and future

Dorris walked into the cafe dressed in a simple top and jean trousers. She really didn't want to come but she did anyway.
She saw Ava sitting with a pretty lady. She walk up to them.
"Hello",  she greeted and sat down.
" I thought you wouldn't come", Ava said.
"I didn't really want to see you but you said you're with someone I will really want to meet",  Dorris said
" And you said you're not curious ", Ava said.
" Well,  I was", Dorris shrugged.
"I don't even know. Why would i want to meet her", Dorris asked after taking another look at Harriet.
Harriet was not really giving I a friendly look, so Dorris ignored her. Harriet eyes is busy criticizing Dorris the moment she walked in.
" Don't mind my manners.", Ava said.
"This is Harriet, Ray's past",  Ava said and Dorris raise her brow.
" Harriet meet Dorris, Ray's present ", Ava continued looking like she is enjoying what she is saying.
" And Am Ava, Ray's future. You know the future is always brighter than the present and past. ", Ava added.
Both Dorris and harriet fisted their hands.
" What's the meaning of all this?", Harriet asked.
"Didn't you want to meet the woman Ray is always talking about?",  Ava asked.
" You...", Harriet gritted her teeth, and clench her fist.
Dorris smirked.
"Nice meeting Miss  Harriet. And you Miss Ava, are you enjoying your self. You're having fun right? Go on and act like teenagers. Don't you think you're being childish. No matter what you do,  I liked Ray and he liked me too. Though we've only met recently, I'm sure my relationship with him is not that weak to break easily because of someone like you."
"His parents picked me"
"Ray is Ray. He is the one I have business with not his parents. Don't ever call me again!",  Dorris said and walk out.
Ava clenched her fist tighter.
" You're so childish, Miss Ava. You better grow up", Harriet said and walk out.

Ray checked his phone when he heard the beep.
My fan__ come out.
Ray raise his brow in question.
He quickly typed.
Ray__Where are you?
My fan__H&D building
Ray__you're here to see me? Wow! This is so unlike you. I will come down now. Wait for me in the lobby.
Ray stood up hurriedly and entered the elevator. He got to the lobby and the workers around turn to look at him. He saw her and walk to her. He noticed she is not in a good mood.
"What happened?",  he asked.
She hugged him instead of replying. Ray was so excited that she will take the initiative to hug me. Since she is an upcoming celebrity,  he took her in his arms hiding her face in his chest. He entered the executive elevator.
"What suddenly got into you?",  He asked her.
" Ray, you can not break up with me no matter what. I'm the only one who can break up with you.", Dorris said.
"Why are you so domineering today, babe. This is so unlike you.
The elevator opened and they entered his office. He put her on the sofa gently.
" What happened? ", he asked her.
"Why didn't you tell me about your first love?", she asked.
"Why are you talking about first love suddenly? Don't tell me you met Harriet?",  He asked.
" And she is so pretty at that. I always felt that since you don't like Ava, I don't need to worry but now your first love. And I heard men hardly forgets about their first love. What do I do now? Have I really met a rival?", Dorris asked.
Ray sigh.
"You don't have to worry about anyone, Dorris. Not Ava, not Harriet. Yeah, she was my first love but we didn't date okay. The love wasn't even reciprocated. Harriet likes someone else. I like you Dorris and only you. I cared about you so much and I don't want you to worry.",  Ray explained.
" I will not allow anyone to bully you. You should know that your boyfriend is very capable. Don't worry about other women. Let's just think about us", he added and held her hands in his.
"I will not worry if you ask me not to but you have to promise that you will not look at other women. I'm so possessive you know.",  Dorris said, sniffing and Ray laughed.
" What's funny!", she asked him.
"You're so cute",  he said.
Dorris rolled her eyes.

Harriet headed to a bar and started drinking. She felt complicated. She didn't even know what she is really feeling. Did she really love Ray?
Is she sincere with her feelings or she just want to use him to substitute her feelings for Dwight.
She overheard Harry and Ray talking and found out Ray loved her. It is not as if she couldn't see it in his actions towards her.
But then she loved someone else so much then that she ignored Rays feelings, pretended she didn't know he like her and even take advantage of  him severally. She enjoyed the love Ray showered an didn't want him to stop loving her. At the same time, she wants Dwight loved to. She ended up following Dwight abroad and he jilted her.
Harriet ordered more drink.
Dwight didn't love her anymore.
Ray got over her and loves someone else now and she got nothing. She is all alone now. Now that she think about it, she really didn't love Ray. She isn't ready to give him anything, she just wanted to collect things from him. Harriet wondered if she should have stayed abroad.
Harriet staggered to the washroom.
She was returning when she ran into someone.
She fell on the person. The guy was caught unaware. Though he had been watching her in the bar. He helped her into the bar. He sat down with her  for a while until the bar owner came to him.
"Sir, are you with this lady. We are closing",  the man said.
The stranger look at Harriet. He is sure she is too drunk to know where her place is.
" We will leave now", the stranger told the bar owner.

📝📝📝📝📝
What is your best line in this chapter?
Mine is"Ray is Ray. He is the one I have business with, not his parents"

Vote
Comment
And share.