Chapter 33__You're welcome, baby

Edmund took out all the gifts he bought for Harriet parents.
"Why did you bring so many things?", Harriet asked him.
" Is not yours, is it?", he asked her.
She rolled her eyes.
The butler collected every thing from him immediately he entered the big living room.
"Oh my! My son in law bought so many thing", The twin mother was pleased the moment she saw Edmund. She like what she saw.
Edmund smiled.
" Hello ma", Edmund greeted,giving her one of his usual smile.
"You're so handsome!",  The older woman said, leading Edmund to a sit.
" Wow! Is this him?", Harry asked.
"Hello. I believe you're Harry seeing how much you look like Harriet here",  Edmund said and stretched his hand for a handshake.
Harry did not take his hand. His eyes is busy scrutinizing his sister's fiance.
" You don't do handshake?", Edmund asked.
"It's not that I don't do handshakes. I just don't want to be too friendly with you so that you will not take my sister for granted. If you think you're not ready for marriage, don't marry her please. She has a lot of people that will gladly raise her child for her,  you don't have to worry about that. You can only marry my sister willingly. She is so precious to me and I really don't want want to give her away to marriage so easily. Will you marry her willingly, to love and to care for her or do you want to back off now?",  Harry asked.
Harriet hits him with her fist.
Their mother was glaring.
His father clear his throats. He probably wants to say something but Edmund was faster.
" I will not back off. I am going to marry her.", he declared. "We've not known each other for long but I'm sure we will cope with each other. I will love her that all that matters.",  Edmund said.
The parents were very satisfied with Edmund.
" That's a brilliant answer, buddy", Harriet father said.
"Harry, you shouldn't have make things awkward. What are you? Her father?",  The man asked Harry.
" You just made your sister feel bad", Harriet mum said.
"I'm really sorry, Edmund",  The woman told her son- in- law.
" It's alright ma. I will do the same if I had a sister.", Edmund said.
The elders smiled.
They really like this son in law. He is sensible.
"Let's eat",  Harriet mother said.

Toby knocked on her door. Vickey opened the door and he walked in.
" I've been calling you. You should answer your calls", Toby told her.
"Who are you to scold me, uhn?",  she asked him.
" I'm your boyfriend!",
"A boyfriend that even hides his family background from his girlfriend. A boyfriend who didn't trust his girlfriend enough to tell her things about you. A boyfriend who is going through challenges alone without even talking to his girlfriend.
I bared my self to you, Toby. Why didn't you open up to me? We could do this together. I'm always available if you need someone to talk too. You don't need to hold it in. Just pour out your heart",  Vickey told him.
" I'm sorry but I didn't want to bother you", Toby said. "And it's nothing much".
" But that little thing is eating you away. It's turning you into a bitter person."
"Can we talk about this another day?",  he asked.
" No procrastination. Let's talk about it now", Vickey said.
"Actually my mum met my dad when he is already married but she didn't know about it. She loved him so much. He got her pregnant with me. She asked him to marry her but he told her that he us married and that if she is willing to be a mistress, he will take good care of her. She felt hurt and betrayed but she loved him to much to let him go. She gave birth to me and wanted me to own a position in dad's company. She wants me to be acknowledged by that family as my dad son so she sent me to his house at the age of ten. I was abused by my dad wife and harassed by her children and whenever I told my dad, he will even beat me in their presence. They won't call me my name, they will rather call me the illegitimate son.
When I told my mother about it, she asked me to try and endure. She said" you need to take it all now for a better future"
Then she came to the house unannounced one day and saw how they were maltreating me, she took me along with her. The only thing my mum want is that my dad should acknowledge me and he never did. After All,he had capable legitimate sons. What did he need an illegitimate son for?
Two years ago, his wife died and he wants solace from my mother that he had abandoned since she took me away from him. My mum moved in with him. I guess she was really desperate to turn wife. Maybe, if she found happiness,  I would overlook it, but she was been treated lowly by my dad children and family. They are not treating her with any respect and My dad is not even doing anything about it. She said she is doing thus for me and I told her she don't really need to go through all those embarrassment for me. I told her I don't need any thing from the man but she will not just listen. She keeps wanting me to come and see my father. She keeps telling me to come back to the house where I was maltreated. That's what she came to tell me the other day and I flared up. If she loved him so much, she can be with him enduring all those Harassment but she should not try to talk me into coming back to that house. It is not my home", he said.
Vickey held his hand in hers.
"It will be fine",  she kept repeating.
" Now that I have shared this with you. I felt relieved. It's like I just drop a heavyweight. ", he said.
" yeah. That's why it's good to talk to someone.", Vickey said.
Toby smiled.
He was happy to share this with her. He is going to tell her everything from now on.
"Thanks for listening to me",  he said.
" You're welcome, baby", Vickey said. Her eyes widen when she realize that she just use an endearment for Toby.
"Do you just call me babe, Victoria?",  he asked her.
She blushed.
" It is ....."
Toby shut her mouth with a kiss.

📝📝📝📝📝
Okay. We are getting somewhere.

Vote
Comment
💕💕💕💕💕