Chapter 50__My soup

For the past few days, Dorris had been busy with her solo debut. Today she is doing an interview and few reporters were around. Toby on the other hand had a lot of girls fans and they are all glad that he is going to debut alone.
Even Guy had fans than her. Things had been awkward between Guy and Dorris since the confession. Dorris could also tell that Guy is trying to create a distance between them though he still greet her and gaze at her warmly. Dorris was kinda glad. It's all for the best since she had a jealous husband.
Zoe came over.
"Dorris, come on. The interview is starting",  she said.
" Ok, Zoe"

Dorris entered her car. She decided to text Ashley. She will be free tomorrow  so she decided to ask if Ashley will have time to teach her how to make some simple dishes.
Dorris__Ash
Ashley__Babe. What's up?
Dorris__Can I come over?
Ashley__For?
Dorris__Didn't I say you will teach me how to cook.
Ashley__Come over this evening. I'm making dinner.
Dorris__ok. Thanks.
Dorris is really looking forward to knowing how to cook. She wants to make food for her husband.
She is going to learn how to cook Ray's favourites first. After all, he is the reason why she want to learn how to cook.
She sent a message to Ray.

Ray was in the office when he saw her text. He dropped the file  he is reading.
_I'm sleeping over at Ashley's. Don't wait up for me. 💋💋
Ray sigh.
Just like that? Why would a married woman sleep over at a friend's? Could this mean the friend is more important than he was. That cruel woman. He should not bother to wait up?
He scoffed.
How was he suppose to sleep when he is already used to her presence, warmth and fragrance.
He decided to go to the mansion to meet Miss preya. He gad to continue his cooking  classes.

Ashley sigh.
"Leave it, I will just do everything by my self. Just watch",  she told Dorris.
She asked Dorris to watch vegetables and she is asking for a napkin.
She asked her to cut vegetables. The way she handled the knife is very irritating. Ashley wondered why she should be the one to teach Dorris how to cook. Dorris had usually be uninterested in cooking or doing anything in the kitchen. She wondered where the sudden interest came from.
Could it be....
" Dorris, are you learning how to cook because your husband insisted that you have to cook for him?", Ashley asked while chopping carrots.
Dorris picked a piece of carrot and threw it in her mouth.
"No. I wanted to learn it and surprise him with a meal. You know that saying 'a...."
"The stomach is the fastest way to a man's heart?",  Ashley asked.
" Didn't you know this saying before. You should have learned how to cook long ago. Why are you suddenly interested now?", Ashley asked.
Dorris rolled her eyes.
"Perhaps, I just believed in the saying now that I'm no longer single" , she said.
She just realised that her man is popular among girls and as the ladies choice, they will try all means to snatch him from her. She can't stay idle. She must know how to protect her love one.
Ashley scoffed.
"Douglas is really going to tease you if he found out you're so desperate to learn how to cook",  Ashley told Dorris.
" He should tease me all he wants. I'm going to tease him too by the time he will bring home is girlfriend and she doesn't know how to cook", Dorris said.
"That's not true!",  Ashley exclaimed.
Dorris raise her brow.
" What is not true?", Dorris asked.
"I mean Douglas girlfriend not knowing how to cook."
Dorris her brow again.
"You can't tell you know. She may be a very good cook.",  Ashley added.
She could tell that  she is starting to behave suspiciously but she just couldn't take when Dorris said she didn't know how to cook_as in Douglas girlfriend.
" Ashley, Ladies this days no longer cook.", Dorris said.
"There are",  Ashley insisted.
" For a example Me. I know how to cook", Ashley said.
"Ard you showing off right now?",  Dorris asked.
Ashley just smiled.
" Bring that pot down from fire and put the kettle on fire.", she told Dorris.
Instead of wearing a kitchen glove or use a rag, Dorris used her bare hand to carry the hot pot and dropped the pot on the floor. The dish scattered on the floor.
"My soup!",  Ashley yelled.
Dorris just stare at the soup splatted on the kitchen floor.