Chapter 82__I want Ray

The ambulance arrived and the police arrived.
They put the victims on stretchers and took them into the ambulance.
They drove immediately to the hospital while the police stayed behind to control the traffic and to ask the witnesses what happened.
"Were you around when the accident happened?",  a police man asked one man.
" yes. My shop is across the street. I couldn't tell how the accident happened but the vehicle clashed and we called ambulance and police immediately", the man replied.

When the police called Mr Dalton, he rushed down to the hospital with his wife.
Immediately he got to the hospital, he saw people waiting in the waiting room.
The policemen greeted him when they saw him.
"You saud my son was in an accident?",  Mr Dalton asked.
" Yes. He is in the ER right now", one of them replied.
"My God, My God! Save me? Accident again? God, I can not lose this child. Ray has to stay with me", Mrs Dalton started crying.
Mr Dalton understands her so he allowed her to cry. They lost their first son in a plane crash.
The Doctor came out of the ER.
" Where are the victims relatives?", he asked.
Ray parents walked forward and the other victim family members.
"Well, one of them was brought in dead.",  the doctor said and each family member were all anxious each of them shouting in their head.
'What about my own son? What's his condition?'
The doctor sigh. "We will take him to the morgue",  he said and someone was wheeled out on a stretcher.
Ray's mother and the other other victim family rushed over and opened the deceased face.
As the other woman collapse on the ground wailing, Ray's mum heave a sigh of relief.
'Thank God it isn't my son'
Mr Dalton released a breathe he didn't know he was holding but that doesn't mean Ray is safe.
The doctor use the term brought in dead. That mean the man died before coning to the hospital.
" What about my son, Doctor?", Mrs Dalton asked the Doctor.
"Ma'am, It's such a pity. We tried our best and the surgery went well but......."
The doctor sigh.
Mr and Mrs Dalton held their breathe.
Nothing can happen to Ray.
Nothing must happen to him.
"Well, he fell into a vegetable state. He us in coma"

Silence

Silence

Silence

Complete decorum.

"She fainted",  someone yelled and that's when Mr and Mrs Dalton saw Dorris. Mrs Dalton eyes widen when she saw that Dorris fainted.
She remembered that Dorris is pregnant. She rushed to her.
" Doctor, help. Nothing  must happen to my daughter in law.", the woman said and some nurses brought a stretcher and put Dorris on it. They took her to a hospital ward immediately.
Ava who was also present in the hospital at that time could not even explain her feelings. She just strutted out if the hospital and head to a bar to drink.
'He fell into a vegetable state? That's not even in my plans'
What to do with her plans now when the man in question is now in coma.
Is the devil playing ludo with her.
She us not going to give up yet?
Will he wake up?

When Dorris opened her eyes, she saw Ashley sitting on her bed.
She sat up immediately.
"Murray! Where is Murray?",  she asked.
Mr Dalton who is sitting on the sofa sigh.
Mrs Dalton let her tears flow down freely.
Louis and Douglas is also there.
" why are you not saying anything? ", Dorris asked.
Then she pull ot her IV and stood up.
" Where are you going?", Ashley asked.
"I want to see Ray", she said and walk out of the room.
"Sis!",  Douglas stood before her.
" Don't stop me", Dorris told Douglas weakly.
"Who wants to stop you?",  he asked.
" I brought your slippers", he said and put it down before her. She slipped into it.
She was led to Ray's room with everyone following her.
When she entered the VVIP hospital room, she saw Ray sleeping, unmoving.
She moved closer to him.
Her eyes welled with tears, she let the tears fall.
The room was very big more like a suite.
"I can't believe this? Didn't you leave home this morning with the promise to come back home in time? You bloody Liar! How dare you lie to me? How dare you?", She knelt beside his bed and start crying.
" I still haven't got to tell you that I love you. There are so many things I want to say to you. I'm even planning to propose to you in a very romantic way"
Ashley burst to tears when she heard this. She couldn't hold it in anymore. She knew of Dorris plans to propose to Ray. They planned to it before the wedding Ray is planning.
Douglas hold Ashley in his embrace, his eyes welled in tears. After all, he is close to Ray.
This is the scene Harry and Harriet witness when they entered the room. The news is all over.
#Ray Dalton in a fatal accident
"What an asshole you are, Ray. You even promise me a wedding ceremony. Didn't you say we will go to the designer's shop next week? Are you a man to go back on your words? How dare you think you can leave me alone just like that? You can't do this to me Murray".
Mrs Dalton was crying profusely too. She felt like she is the cause of everything that happened.
Harriet moved closer to the woman whose only son is between life and death.
Mrs Dalton cried harder.
" Murray, think about our baby.
Please stay with me", Dorris said and those in the room apart from Ray parents were surprised.
"You're pregnant?",  Louis asked his daughter.
Mr Dalton cleared his throat.
" Ray told us this morning ", he said.
Mrs Dalton stood up.
" Dorris, shall I get something for you? You haven't eaten", She asked.
Dorris needs to eat.
"I don't want to eat. I want Ray",  the pregnant woman said crying.
" I want Ray", she said again crying.
The doctor said the patient have a 50_50 chance of waken up within three months but if the patient fails to wake up in three months time.
It is very rare for the patient to wake up later.

The air is heavy.

📝📝📝📝📝
I don't know why but I cried writing this chapter.

Who do you think is more pitiful?
Ray's mum or Ray's pregnant wife?