Chapter 70__The lady boss

Sophie and Douglas parted at the airport. Sophie made a call immediately she entered the cab.
"I need information about someone",  She told the person on the other side of the phone.
After the call, she opened her phone gallery and she smiled when she saw the pictures of Douglas she took without him knowing. The one she liked the most is the one she took when he was sleeping in the plane.
" So handsome and cool. Will I really give up on you just like that? Having a girlfriend doesn't mean other women are not allowed to like you. Who knows, you can break up anytime. Giving up is not in my dictionary. I will rather buckle up"
Sophie mind is made up.

Harriet is so bored at home so she decided to give Edmund a surprise visit. She dressed in a simple style designed for pregnant women. She got to the office building and took the elevator straight to Edmund's office.
The elevator opened and Harriet came out of it. This floor is exclusively for the CEO and the Vice. The other people who are on this floor are secretaries and assistants that work closely with the boss.
None of the workers paid attention to Harriet. They are busy doing their own things. Harriet face darkened_not because no one is paying attention to her but because.....
She was about to enter Edmund's office when a lady walked to her.
"Excuse me, you can not just go in like that",  the lady said.
Harriet sized her up. Not bad, she had guts to stop her from entering her husband office.
" Who are you?", Harriet asked her.
"Ma'am, I should be asking you that",  the lady said.
By now all the other workers are now paying attention.
" I'm the Personal Assistant of our Boss. So who are you?", The lady asked.
"I'm his wife",  Harriet answered casually.
The workers started discussing.

" so this is the lady boss"
"Not bad. She is elegant"
"What do you expect? She must be from a rich family herself"
"She is even pregnant. Well, I must say she is lucky to marry our boss"
"She had a pretty face but that doesn't stop a man from cheating especially now that she is pregnant"
"Do you think the boss is like that? If he is, he would have dated most of us here always trying to get his attention"
"Wow, Sassy Riley is in trouble. She just spoke like that to the lady boss"
"Will the lady boss find out that Assistant Riley is hitting on her man?"
"The lady boss look like someone who will not take any nonsense. Do you think Riley is in trouble?",

Riley on the other hand seems rather calm.
'So what if she is the lady boss? It doesn't mean there are no chances for others'
"Ma'am, I have to confirm from the Boss if you can enter. This is a place of work after all. We can't disrupt a formal setting for personal reasons",  Riley said trying to tell Harriet that she is the PA here. She has more dominance in the company.
Then she adjust her dress before entering the office. She even used a lipstick while Harriet is watching.
She has guts.
Riley entered the office.
"What is it?",  Edmund asked her.
" I wanted to submit this file. The dinner with Mr Collins is tomorrow. Will you need my company so that I will prepare for it?", She asked him.
"Of course. You will have some things you will assist me with. Prepare the contract too",  Edmund replied.
Riley smiled.
" Okay sir", and she turned to leave. Then she paused.
"I almost forgot, a woman is waiting outside. She claimed she is your wife",  Riley told him.
" My wife?", Edmund asked.
"Yes,she is pregnant",  Riley said.
" Yes, she is my wife", Edmund said and stood up. He walked pass Riley and walk out of the office.
"Babe",  he called when he saw Harriet waiting.
Harriet smiled and wave.
He walked towards her and pull her into a hug.
" I've you been waiting for long? I didn't know you're here. My assistant just told me.", he told her.
"I wanted to surprise you",  she told him.
" Come on", he told, leading her to his office.
"Wait",  Harriet said.
" Fire her", Harriet added.
Edmund raise his brow.
The workers around held their breathe.
Riley is in trouble!
"Fire your assistant now",  Harriet repeated.
Edmund turned to Riley.
" Go to the HR and settle things with them. You're fired", Edmund told her.
Riley could not believe her ears. Just like that? She can't believe it will only take a word from a woman and she will be sacked.
"I can't stand a Rival working closely with my husband",  Harriet said and walked into the office with Edmund.
" so cool"
"Wow, I can't believe the boss listened to his wife just like that without asking for reasons".
" God when? When will I meet my own missing rib"
"I'm jealous. How can they feed is dog food like this"
"Flaunting their love looks like dog food but it is a certain someone that allowed us to witness this"
"Riley deserves that. She got guts. She is even putting on lipstick while the lady boss is watching. "
"If it were me, I wouldn't spare such a shameless woman too"
"Finally, Riley can stop being a pain in the neck"
"The lady boss just got rid if one of the potential candidate of being her husband mistress"
Riley stood still. She felt really insulted.
Had she overdone it?

Meanwhile immediately the envious couple entered the office, Harriet turned to a crybaby instantly. She started crying and hitting her husband.
"Will you really cheat on me because I'm pregnant? When I got here, the first thing I notice is your workers dressing. Why are they dressed luke that? Don't tell me they are all out to seduce you? That PA was even adjusting her short dress and even putting on a crimson red lipstick in my presence. I'm I really no more pretty to you? Is it because I'm pregnant?

Edmund really doesn't know what to say. He can't believe she is shedding tears because of this.

📝📝📝📝📝
If you are Edmund, What will you tell Harriet?