Chapter 13__ She stole my heart.

Ashley entered the Lobby.
"Are you looking for someone?",  Douglas asked.
" Are you here to see a movie?", she asked.
"Yes",  he replied.
" You can join us if you like"
" Of Course", He replied.
Then Ashley saw him. He saw her too and smiled.
Douglas regretted it when Ashley starts walking to the man.
"Hi",  Ashley greeted.
" Hello,  miss Ashley", The man greeted. He saw Douglas.
"Oh! You...."
Ashley cuts in.
"He is my brother",
" We met earlier. My name is Peter." The man said.
"Aren't you meeting a date?",  he asked.
Douglas suddenly waved.
" I will have to excuse you. My date is around ", he said and ran off.
" Date?", Ashley asked.
"Yes. We met earlier and he said he is here to meet his date",  Peter said.
" I've been calling you,  what is wrong with your line?"
"My line ?",  he asked.
He took out his phone to check.
"Someone tampered with my phone. It's on air plane mode. Oh! I gave my phone to that guy......."

It's his birthday. He does not want to spend it in loneliness. His mother had actually invited him to the house for dinner but he wouldn't go to that house. He would rather have his birthday with strangers that go back to that so call family.
He decided to spend night in a karaoke bar. It was boring singing in a Karaoke bar alone. He was coming back from the restroom when he heard a voice singing, he liked that song and the way the person is singing it. He entered the room under the influence of the melody. He took the second microphone and started singing along with her. When the song ended,  they clapped.
"You!",  the lady said,
" Vickey", he called and sat down drinking water.
"What are you doing in a bar alone?",  He asked her.
" Nothing. Just celebrating my birthday. "
"It's your birthday today?",he asked.
" Yes"
"It's my birthday too, "
"Really?",  Vickey asked.
" Yes. "
" Shall we sing a happy birthday song for each other then?", Vickey teased.
"I will pass. Let me treat you to dinner instead. I don't want to eat alone.", Toby told her.
" How do you know? I don't want to eat alone too. Let's just eat together then. We will split the bill"
"No. I will pay",  Toby said.
" No. We split the bills", Vickey  insists.
"I'm sorry but I don't like free meals",  she added.
" Okay. I will buy dinner and you will buy dessert "
"You really want to pay. I will help you spend your money then", Vickey said and they both laughed.

Dorris opened the door and he entered her room.
" Why are you here this late at night?", She asked him.
Ray sat down on her bed.
"It is not too late to see a girl.",  He said.
" Don't you think you're wicked?", Ray asked.
"Pardon?"
"How dare you sleep when I couldn't sleep a wink? Did you even miss me. Is your career so Important than I am?",  He asked.
Dorris laughed.
" I miss you more than you miss me", she said.
"I fail to believe that. Sometimes I wonder if you really like me."
Dorris laugh again.
"Is this funny?",  Ray asked because it is really not funny at all.
" I miss you every second,  babe don't you think you have to get marry soon? You don't want to get Older before getting married."
"I'm still young okay. Don't talk about marriage or whatever"
Ray scoffed.
"Marriage is not even gonna affect your career......"
Dorris cut in.
"Murray, Let's not talk about that topic okay",  then she muttered even though Ray heard.
" It is not as if you're my future husband"

Ray called Harry out that night to drink in his house. He just couldn't sleep.
"Calling a man out of bed when the sun has set,  who do you think you are."
Ray is already tipsy by the time Harry arrived.
"I did not understand women",  he said drunkenly.
"I did not understand them too",  Harry responded while he pour himself a drink.
" How can she say that?", Ray asked again.
"Who and what did she say?",  Harry asked.
" That woman,  she said It's not as if you are my future husband . I thought she loved me the way I love her then I remember again that we've not really confessed love to each other. I wanted to tell her I love her but I'm afraid to scare her away. We've not known each other for long, but I know that I want to spend all my life with her. I don't really know her that much but I'm ready to learn more about her and understand her better. I know she is my other half. I felt drunk each time I think about her. I thought she felt the same way towards me when she agreed to be my girlfriend. I..."
"Wait you had a girl friend?", Harry asked.
"That thief! She stole my heart and now she's been cruel. How dare her? I'm loved by all nation. How dare her reject me so coldly. I've been dying since I met and I need her closer to me to be able to live. I really want to marry her. I'm so insecure. What if some guy come around and take her away. She is already planning to jilt me for some guy. If not why will she be saying I'm not her future husband. If it is not me,  then who else did she like. Why is she still using future, when is she planning to get married. If there is a spouse,  isn't marriage the next thing?",  Ray gulped.
" AW! You reek of alcohol. How long have you been drinking? ".
" She broke my heart. How can she say that? Is she planning to break up with me? "
"In her dream",  Ray huffs.
Harry yawned.
" I am sorry. I don't know what to tell you. I don't even understand all you are saying"
Ray sigh.
"You will soon understand", He told his friend.
" I don't want to understand and I won't understand. Why will I understand something so painful?", Harry asked.
"I was once like you until that fateful meeting  I called coincidences.

Harry droved into the compound that evening with his sister.
" I wondered why they insists we come home", he complained.
"Do you know Ray has a fiancee?",  Harriet asked.
" Fiancee? Could she be the one he is talking about yesterday?", He replied.
"He talked about a woman?",  Harriet asked maintaining her calm posture but fisting her hand.
" Yes"
"I see",  Harriet said.
The truth is she knows that Ray likes her.
The twin got down from the car and walked into the house.
The first person Harry saw immediately he entered the living room............

📝📝📝📝
Vote,  comment and share.