Chapter 74__Dream on

Dressed in a blue suit and white stilettos. Ashley got out of the elevator and walked into the staff hall.
"Hello, everyone",  She greeted.
Everybody turned to look at her.
Sophie eyes darkened when she saw her.
'What's this gullible woman doing here?",  she asked herself.
" Who?", someone asked.
Ashley sent a message to Douglas.
"I'm at your place of work"
Then she turned to the man that asked her who she was.
"I'm Douglas fiancee",  she said smiling brightly.
Douglas rushed into the staff hall.
" Ashley", he called.
They've not seen each other for a while and he is very excited when he saw a message from her. He rushed out of his office the moment he heard that she is around.
"Baby",  Ashley called. She walked to him and hugged him.
She even gave him a flash kiss on the lips.
Sophie dug her nails into her palm.
A delivery man entered the room bearing a container.
" you all have been working hard so I ordered drinks for everyone. I know it is too small a gesture but I will do better the next time I visit", she said.
"Thank you so much",  the staff muttered as they take their drinks from  the delivery man. Ashley took one of it and walked to Sophie.
" Miss, have it", she said smiling.
Then she leaned closer.
"Even if I ignore him for years, he will still take me back with open arms. That's how much he love me. Do you think you can drive a wedge between us? Dream on. You will have to dream forever",  She whispered into sophie ears.
She stand straight and smiled.
Then she walked to Douglas and linked his hand with hers.
" Everyone, please, let me borrow him for a while", she said.
"Go on",
" It's fine "
"Feel free",  were the comments from the staffs.
Ashley smiled and she walked out with Douglas.
Sophie felt that she missed something.
'Is that woman from a rich family? Could she be the one sponsoring him.'
Then she remembered he is using an expensive car and even living in a penthouse. She decided that she is wealthy.
"Is that why that guy will never leave her?", she asked herself and fist her hands into a ball.
Men and material things. That doesn't mean she still doesn't have a chance. She now knew that he didn't like her. He is only with  her because of her money. She is going to show that woman what a mistress can do. She needs to win Douglas over. That's the only way she could have the upper hand.

Dorris entered the private room and smiled when she saw those waiting for her.
Toby, Vickey and Guy.
" I'm sorry for keeping you guys waiting", She said.
"It's fine",  Vickey said.
Guy stood up and draw Dorris chair for her like a typical gentleman will do.
Dorris gave him a appreciative smile and sat down.
" My God, Dorris you look so pretty", Vicky said.
" Her husband is surely taking care of her", Toby added.
"Why do I feel like she is skinny. I think the man is starving her" Guy said.
"You don't expect an artiste like me to gain weight do you? That will be bad for my career",  She told him rolling her eyes.
" You're simply saying 'my husband is not starving me'. Be direct okay", Toby teased.
Dorris rolled her eyes.
"Let's order",  Guy told them and they all order what they want to eat.
" The treat is on Dorris", Toby said shamelessly.
"Why?",  Dorris asked him.
" you are a tycoon wife!", Toby reasoned.
"I'm just a  artiste",  Dorris insisted.
" Are you denying your husband?", Vickey asked supporting her boyfriend.
The waiter serve the meal.
"We want wine too",  Guy said and told the waiter the kind if wine he wanted.
"Is that on me too?",  Dorris asked.
Guy smiled.
" Don't worry. It's on me", the man said.
Dorris smiled too.
"Then can I buy desserts ?",  Vickey asked.
" please do", Dorris told vickey.
"So what will you pay for,  Toby?",  Dorris asked you.
Toby smiled and fill his mouth with food.
" This poor guy will just leech on you people for today", he said shamelessly.
"Are you kidding me?",  Dorris asked him.
The waiter arrive with the wine and pour it in their glasses.
" Toby should just take us to a Karaoke bar after this", Guy said.
"I agree",  Vickey said.
"Me too",  Dorris added.
" I disagree", Toby said.
They all ignore him telling him they've come to a decision and he won't be able to do anything about it.
Toby sigh and muttered.
"And here I thought I will be able to get a free meal", 
They all smiled.
Vickey pat his back.
"It's okay. Your fans got you covered",  she told him.