Chapter 37: Sports Festival - part 2

Iceyko POV
The ranks from the race then get posted.

1. Izuku Midoriya
2. Shoto Todoroki
3. Katsuki Bakugou
4. Emiko Kamado
.
.
.
13. Asuka Midoriya
.
.
.
.
42. Quinn Hart

Asuka and Emiko made it.

"Only the top 42 will advance." Midnight announces, causing me to sigh in relief.

The spinner starts again and lands on Calvary Battle. Midnight moves on to explaining the event.

How will Emiko handle that? It's almost like she's giving her team a handicap and she's the only one who can really is her quirk.

The announcement of the first place's points caused everyone involved to turn towards poor Midoriya.

"I'm so glad, I didn't portal straight to the end." Emiko says, suddenly next to me.

"Oh, hey. Congratulations, on advancing." I say calmly.

"Thanks, you guys should get going, the event is about to start." Emiko suggests.

"Yeah, we should do that. Good luck." I farewell and drag Kazuya and Miyuki to our class seating area, Kana had already left to help Recovery Girl for the day. Once up in our seating area, the choosing of teams had come to an end.

Let's see who this goes.
_______________________________
Emiko POV
She had ended up being on at team with Yuki, Kiramu and the last place girl, Quinn Hart. She was a general studies student. We were a bit reluctant at first but she wouldn't stop begging, so in the we gave in and let her on.

I can't shake the feeling that she's up to something. I'm just not sure if it is to sabotage us or others.

She didn't have much more time to contemplate this as the building your team time was up. We get our head band and get in our positions as Midnight sets the timer.

She is on the right side, meaning she is own touching two people instead of all three. Quinn has taken the jokey position being the smallest and lightest of the three. Kiramu takes the front, ready to take any hits without her quirk, Yuki takes the left, being the only other person to be able to use their quirk in the team.

Quinn never exactly explained her quirk, though she wouldn't be using it, it was a little odd. Then again, Kiramu didn't really either as she wouldn't be using hers.

She notices that Asuka was on a team with her twin, she also noticed that Shinso was on a team with the three students that had stated their declaration of war to our class.

The timer starts and everyone was off, we decided for now that we would just protect our points, so Yuki created an ice pillar under us and put us in the sky.

We stayed up there for the majority of the game, no one touched us and we just stayed there and watched. She of course created some portals ever once in a while, allowing Quinn to steal headbands.

We avoided the ten million as that brings too much attention, we also avoid teams like Todoroki and Bakugou, as they were the more active ones.

Nearing the end of the game however with only 20 seconds to go, our headbands were stolen by Shinso's team. One of the general students was flying the hold team up in the air to us with jet legs and another was somehow stabilising them. She didn't have enough to create another portal to get them back and we're all too caught off guard to react to the steal.

The timer was up and we had nothing left. She melts the ice pillar with her fire sword and they get let back down to the ground.

We move on to the lunch break, she notices Todoroki take Midoriya off else where but she doesn't think much of it and instead heads to lunch, and congratulates, Asuka and Shinso for advancing.
_______________________________
Iceyko POV
I had already eaten, so I decided to walk around the stadium's corridors. I had been doing so, ever since the second event was over.