Chapter 2: Against Corps Rules

Tanjiro groaned as he fell to the floor in exhaustion. Nezuko's restraints snapped apart as soon as Rui was beheaded. She fell to the floor, but she was unharmed, for her demonic healing was in effect. Tanjiro crawled to his sister, to check if she was alright. Then, he heard the voice that he had been fighting for the last ten minutes behind him.

"Hey." Rui was still alive, holding his head in a thread he conjugated. "Did you really think you beheaded me?"

"What? It's impossible!" Tanjiro continued to crawl. Nezuko wouldn't move at all, she was exhausted as well, for it was her first time using a Blood Demon Art.

"Move! Move!" But Tanjiro's body wouldn't listen, for the repercussions were already beginning to take effect.

"The bond you have with your sister will soon be mine, boy. Just give up and die." Rui then extended his palm and a sphere of threads surrounded Tanjiro's body.

"Thunder Breathing: Second Form: Rice Spirit." You then arrived, shocking Rui and Tanjiro as you cut down the threads with five slashes.

"You!" Tanjiro exclaimed. "You came!"

"I'm not letting anyone die here. Sorry I am late."

"More pests in the way." Rui muttered. "Just die already."

"I could say the same for you." You were on the opposite side of Rui. "Thunder Breathing, First Form: Thunder Clap and Flash."

"So fast...I didn't see him..." Rui's head slid off of his neck and fell to the floor.

"How did he do that? He's super quick!" Tanjiro thought. "To take him down without effort at all!"

But Rui wasn't done yet, he wasn't going down without a fight. His body crawled over to Tanjiro as his hands lifted in the air to almost strangle him, but they fell as they turned to ash.

You looked back at the body, realizing that Rui wouldn't be able to kill Tanjiro. Rui's head disintegrated and his body laid only inches away from Tanjiro, but his hands were gone.

Tanjiro then placed his unoccupied hand onto Rui's body, giving relief to you a bit. Then, finally Lower Rank Five had been killed.

You then walk to Tanjiro, but avoid stepping on Rui's clothes. Tanjiro looked up at you and placed his hand back on Nezuko.

"I won't hurt your sister. Her 'voice' is caring and helpful. I know she is a good person at heart." You say. "We should get your injuries checked, though."

"Thank you..." Tanjiro said, raising his hands off Nezuko, who still lay asleep. "Why didn't you step on his clothes? Normally..."

"What's your name?"

"Tanjiro. Kamado Tanjiro."

"Well then, Tanjiro, I am Y/N. The reason I didn't step on his clothes is because I have a special friend. She wants peace between demons and humans."

Tanjiro perked his head to listen to the story.

"Luckily, she still is by my side. In fact, she's here now as we speak, taking care of the wounded. I respect her work and deeply..."

"You love her?"

"Hey, hey, don't jump to conclusions!" You say nervously, but then your face tenses. Shinobu's 'voice' was headed for you all, and her blade was ready to strike.

You knew immediately she was after Nezuko, but it was understandable, since she can't hear or smell kindness like you and Tanjiro.

You stand in her way, and she swings forward and you do the same, but your force overpowered hers and lifted her upwards, but she fell gracefully in the open area, the moonlight casting on her beautifully.