Chapter 8: Death vs Thunder

"Y/N?" Akaza repeated your name. "I can see your strength is at the realm of the highest, Y/N."

"Tanjiro, tend to Rengoku's injuries." You said quickly. "Focus on your own as well."

"Oh? You still want to save Kyojuro?" Akaza asked. "It's too bad. His injuries will make him bleed out eventually."

"Your name is Akaza, right? Well then, I should clarify that I am not a patient individual like Kyojuro-san."

"Well then." Akaza made a stance.

"Technique Development: Destructive Death: Compass Needle!"

"Thunder Breathing: First Form: Thunder Clap and Flash!" Y/N's blade struck down on Akaza's limbs.

"Your speed far outclasses any other Hashira I've seen!" Akaza complimented you as his arms regrew.

"It takes him less than a second for him to regenerate limbs." You think. "A small gap, but I can make use of it."

"Thunder Breathing: Third Form: Thunder Swarm!" You release five arc slashes, making Akaza jump back.

"He's putting me on the defensive." Akaza thought. "Well then, I may have to put more effort into this."

"I've got an hour to hold him off before the sun arises." You look to the moon, which was about to enter the horizon.

"Destructive Death: Annihilation Type!" Akaza lunged forward with his fist.

"Thunder Breathing: Second Form: Rice Spirit!"

You launch five arched slashes.

"What?" Akaza jumped back from the attack, for it overpowered his own. "He got through my Annihilation?"

"Thunder Breathing: First Form: Thunder Clap and Flash: Sixfold!"

"His speed...his strength...what is this?" Akaza was sliced into six pieces, but his neck still remained.

"Now for the neck!" You raise your blade to Akaza's neck, millimeters from cutting it off.

"Destructive Death: Leg Type: Crown Splitter!" Akaza used what was left of his legs to kick you away, which worked, since you jumped back in response.

Akaza's body regenerated, and now a large grin was on his face.

"You are very strong..." Akaza said. "You are the first to make me use my leg type."

"Now, it's time for me to get serious." Akaza frowned.

"Leg Type: Explosive Fury!" Akaza ran at you, launching a barrage of kicks.

"Thunder Breathing: Third Form: Thunder Swarm!"

You cut off Akaza's legs, and he regenerated them after a few seconds and kicks you in the face, making you bleed from the cheek.

"Thunder Breathing: Fifth Form: Heat Lightning!" You raise a powerful upward slash, cutting all of Akaza's body, through his face as well.

"For the final swing!" You breathe in.

"Thunder Breathing: Fourth Form: Distant Thunder!" You slice down Akaza's neck, which shocked him.

Akaza's body fell to the floor as his head flipped to the side.

"You..." He mumbled.

"That's done." You think as the sun rises up. "You're finished, Akaza."

"Don't you dare mock the Kizuki!" Akaza then regenerated his body and quickly grabbed his head.

"He can still move!? But his head-!"

"I've got to find a safe place!" Akaza rettached his head and ran into the forest.

"You're not leaving! Thunder Breathing: First Form: Thunder Clap and Flash!"

Akaza expected the attack and this time blocked with his fist, which you cut through.

"Out of my way!!!" Akaza screeched and punched you in the gut. "Destructive Death: Annihilation Type!"

Akaza ran into the forest as you stumble down, the punch stumbling and interrupting your breathing.

"Thunder Breathing: First Form: Thunder Clap and Flas-!"

Tanjiro then appeared in front of you, and his 'voice' began to screech the air, making you unable to breathe.

"Hinokami Kagura!" Tanjiro yelled as he threw his sword.

"I've got to find my way out of here!" Akaza thought as he ran, then a blade crashed onto his chest. "Gah!"

"Don't run, you coward! Don't run!"

There words aggravated Akaza, as veins appeared in his head.

"You damn coward! Come back and fight!"

"Are you empty in the head?! I'm not running from you! I'm running from the sun!" Akaza's skin slowly hissed, but he continued to run to shelter.

"The Demon Slayer Corps always has to fight you in the night! Where you have the advantage! Now, come back, you coward! Rengoku-san didn't lose this battle! You did! He won! He protected everyone!" Tanjiro then gasped and began to wail loudly.

"Tanjiro..." You said as the 'voice' settled.

From behind, you look to see Rengoku smiling.

"Don't waste your breath, Tanjiro-shounen."

Tanjiro turned back to look at the Flame Hashira.

"I...still have things I need to tell you. Before I go..."

End of Chapter