Chapter 9: Sound Hashira, Uzui Tengen

"Ow!"

"Don't move so much..." Shinobu wrapped the final bandage around your cheek. "There. That should do it."

"Thanks, Shinobu." You then look down to the floor with a solemn look.

"Is something the matter?" She asked.

"Yeah." You said. "I feel guilty."

"Guilty of what, Y/N-san? It's not like-"

"I killed Rengoku. I couldn't save him." You grip your fists. "All because I wasn't fast enough."
___________________________________

"Rengoku's 'voice'! It's..." You grit your teeth as you breath in more. "Faster! Come on! If not...Rengoku's going to die!"

"Thunder Breathing: First Form: Thunder Clap and Flash!"
___________________________________

"I...am always late to everything. I'm slow."

"Don't blame yourself over something you couldn't control." Shinobu caressed your cheek. "It wasn't your fault."

You smile at her, feeling better and you grab her hand.

"Thank you, Shinobu-chan."

Shinobu's smile then slowly faded, as her memories began to stir.
___________________________________

"Please! Sister!"

"Shinobu...leave the Corps...live a normal life..."

"No! I'll avenge you, whatever it takes!"

"Oh my...it seems like human emotions are hard to control."

Shinobu angrily looked up to see the perpetrator, a demon with the marking 'Upper' and 'Two' on his left and right eyes.

"Unfortunately, I'm going to have to end this quickly, goodbye, beautiful girls." The demon made a spear like gesture with his right hand and extended it to them, hoping to kill.

"Thunder Breathing: Third Form: Thunder Swarm!"

Upper Two jumped back as his arm regenerated and he saw a teenage boy with an angry expression stare at him.

"A boy, huh? Sorry, but I don't plan to kill you." Upper Two said.

"Yeah? Come and fight me, bitch!" You spat. "How dare you hurt her!"

"Y/N...don't fight him..." Kanae Kocho groaned. "He's not worth it..."

"'Not worth it?'" Upper Two got an irk mark on his head. "Sorry, little miss, but you're the one dying on the floor."

"You...don't have understanding...of the human soul...I pity you..." Kanae said, coughing blood.

"Kanae! Don't speak further!" You say.

"The sun's rising..." Upper Two looked to the side. "I'd better take my leave."

Upper Two then made a break for it, and ran the opposite side.

"You're not getting away!" You chase him. "First Form: Thunder Clap and Flash!"

You zoom through the forest but you shed tears as you begin to realize he had gotten away.

"No...where'd you go! You fucker! Get back here!" You then halt, as the realization invaded your head. "Kanae...I'm sorry..."

Rain began to fall overhead, and lightning, followed by thunder, crackled the air. You began to cry.
___________________________________

You walk out the Butterfly Estate, to see a shocking scene, which you raise your eyebrow.

"Let Aoi and Naho go!" Tanjiro yelled.

"Not happening..." Tengen Uzui said.

"Can't you see Naho isn't wearing the uniform!?"

Tengen looked at the girl he held on his right arm.

"Then I don't need her then." Tengen threw her, which she screamed.

You then caught her in your arms, and look up to Tengen.

"Oh! Fancy seeing you here!" Tengen waved at you.

"Aoi Kanzaki isn't on duty. She's a leading Kakushi." You said.

"Then who am I supposed to take?!" Tengen said.

You turn to Tanjiro, where Zenitsu and Inosuke finally arrived.

"Take those three." You said.

Tengen pondered for a moment, then he threw Aoi to you, which you caught her as well.

"Shinobu may be mad with me for taking them without permission anyway." Tengen mumbled. "Alright, maggots!"

"Tengen, they're stronger than the average Slayer. Don't call them maggots."

"Compared to me, they are maggots! I am a god!"

"You three are...!"

"Trash!"

End of Chapter